• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 084av like new!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly doubt everyone that collects saws knows the history behind each and every one of them, its sucks that the numbers were taken off, there's nothing i can do about that now. This is something that happened over 25 years ago that had nothing to do with me, i am just being up front with the info i have for anyone who may be interested, i didnt mean for this to start a pissing match, i will just pull the listing and keep the saw, i dont need to sell it, i am just looking to do some home renovations and thought i would post one of my higher end saws i was willing to part with.

I highly doubt everyone that collects saws knows the history behind each and every one of them, its sucks that the numbers were taken off, there's nothing i can do about that now. This is something that happened over 25 years ago that had nothing to do with me, i am just being up front with the info i have for anyone who may be interested, i didnt mean for this to start a pissing match, i will just pull the listing and keep the saw, i dont need to sell it, i am just looking to do some home renovations and thought i would post one of my higher end saws i was willing to part with.
Sometimes there is a big difference between not knowing and knowing.

Most people here buy a saw in good faith, I've owned literally 1000s of saws, you're correct, I didn't know the history of every saw. I can assure you I never bought a single one that I knew was stolen, nor would I. I'm not starting a pissing match, you came to a chainsaw site to sell known stolen property. Who exactly started this? When you posted a picture of the saw with the serial number ground off, what reaction did you expect really?

Actually i didnt realize it until chipper1 said something, i knew where the saw came from but upon him mentioning it i decided to take a look, i never had to order parts or anything the saw has been sitting in my shop for years, i just decided to pull it out and go over it, i do realize i kind of backed my self into a corner on this one, i do apologize. On that note i am gonna close this thread, seems as though i created enough static here.

OP, Id call the law and report it before someone else does- It would look a lot better on you. I understand your intent may not be wrong, but this wouldnt go well for you in court if someone made a deal about it. Who knows, explain the situation to your local LE- at least take the liability from your shoulders.

OP, Id call the law and report it before someone else does- It would look a lot better on you. I understand your intent may not be wrong, but this wouldnt go well for you in court if someone made a deal about it. Who knows, explain the situation to your local LE- at least take the liability from your shoulders.
This saw was aquired by the previous owner back in the late 80's he has been dead for about 10 years, i asked him about the saw one day when i saw the bar sticking out the blanket in his garage, he told me the story about it then he gave me the saw for helping him and his wife out with various things when he got sick, he was a foreman/supervisor for his old local municipality where he used to live, he was the guy who actually went and got the saw and used it, they needed it for a job and then it went home with him when they were done, he had a couple of trees he needed to take down with it, had i known the serial number was gone i would have never listed it, thats my mistake, but theres obviously a lot people here who like to run their mouths without fully knowing what they are even talking about or knowing me, this site is a great reference, and i will use it as that. i wasn't trying to get away with anything here, when it was brought to my attention i ended the listing, people still inquired about it but i am not selling it, i dont need to nor did i really want to, its a shame it sits here and collects dust, maybe i will set it up on a mill, its water under the bridge now, i am going to keep the saw and thats the end of it, i would like for people to please stop posting on this thread, thank you.

Latest posts

Back