Lets see your log splitters! Pics please :]

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope these photos are helpful. This is far from the ideal splitter, but it was the best way to modify the really good splitter that I already owned.

Even though it does not appear to be so, the outriggers ends are even with the tire width on both sides.

The tongs are anchored with a rope for safe transport. The tongs are connected with a D-ring clevis so I can easily remove them and use them in other applications.

I also added a plug type harness to the battery terminals that came with a tapering trickle charger / battery maintainer so that after each use I can plug in the battery easily and it will be ready for the next use. (I use these on all of my batteries when not used frequently and in the cold months. They have greatly reduced battery failure and replacement.)

Best wishes.
AE46D21E-09B6-4E32-A58F-05E287A8B2EA.jpeg 8E34A956-A71B-445C-881B-87326FCCAF78.jpeg

Richard - a very nice splitter. Compact and down to business.

Best wishes.

I have a Lickety EK308 that I got for free and fixed. I rebuilt the engine and went through all the o rings and replaced them. It has split some firewood over the 16 years I've had it.

100_1102_zps4bd03315.jpg

IMG_4675_zpslimgeeer.jpg

IMG_4673_zpssuxokhu6.jpg

IMG_4672_zpsfidsqa5z.jpg

IMG_4670_zpsg5jvdbam.jpg

Bob - that is a really great old splitter. That looks like the pilgrims brought it over on the Mayflower. Any idea how old? You really got your moneys worth by rebuilding it. I hope it keeps splitting wood for many lifetimes.

Best wishes.

The company went out of business in 1982. I could get the serial number off the tag on the blower cover from the original engine but I store it in a hard to reach place. I split a cord of oak with it yesterday. It still works great.

This splitter works like no other I have seen. When you start the engine it runs at a low idle. When the handle is pulled forward the engine comes up to 3600RPM and the ram moved toward the wedge. It will continue toward the wedge without holding the handle. Once it gets to the end of travel the engine speed goes to idle and the ram retracts automatically.

There are three large springs that run down the center of the beam. They pull the ram back. When you pull the handle forward the valve allows fluid from the pump into the cylinder. When it hits end of travel the valve open allowing fluid to go from the cylinder to the tank while the spring pulls the ram back.

The EK348 works the same way or it will go back and frth all day automatically. The hands off operation splits wood fast but it is dangerous. I susoect that's why they shut down the splitter line when the company was bought out.

Latest posts

Back