McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning, came onto a 10-10s in need of a carb, acres shows SDC-44a I believe.
Any other options too look for
1fb460195ee19a0f2b9dfbdad4ab0322.jpg

Thx.

Erik

Blue the reason I ask is the cylinder is different between electronic and points ignition. Coil mounts are different

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

So mark, am I right that the sp 70 is basically an anti vibe 700? Or are there differences internally?

Boy that Mac bug is bad, As long as the deal goes threw I just bought a P/M 850. I wasn't sure if I should buy another saw since I already bought 2 and bartered work for an 066 in the last 6 weeks. After seeing and running a mac I don't have much interest running my brand new 460 rancher or the 066. I've been telling myself "to buy the macs now while you can before the parts get scarce and/or the saws just get used up". I hope to figure out how to post some pics and/or videos of these macs doin some eatin, my cpu skills are lacking...

Anyone have any good ideas for removing a rounded out rod cap screw? Someone buggered this one before me. I have a new screw, but I want to use this rod, so I need to make sure the screw comes out without too much damage. I'm trying to swap a rod and piston assembly over to a different crank.

Anyone have any good ideas for removing a rounded out rod cap screw? Someone buggered this one before me. I have a new screw, but I want to use this rod, so I need to make sure the screw comes out without too much damage. I'm trying to swap a rod and piston assembly over to a different crank.

Did you get it out? I usually go for the dremal or grinder and cut a slot for a flat head on stubborn little cap screws IF you can get to it. Can even be real cunning and shape a hex around the out side for a socket.

I got a little mad and walked away last night. Gotta put shocks on a buddies explorer tonight so we will see if I get back to it

Wise thing walking away before ya get silly. The torx head thing is a good idea less pissing around too. Sp n cp models are they the pro versions more or less? Wer macs still used in forestry by the 70s/80s? They never realy were here and by the 80s stihl had a choke on it i have to admit as much as im anti stihl they did master the art of dealers n markiting. U can show someone the crappyest ms250 and "wahoo nice saw mate" cos it stihl and the laugh at my older echo and macs. They seem to hate on mcculloch for 1 reason or another not all but alot. Is it like that in the states?

Old mag is generally revered here in the states by anyone who knows any history..., especially of the Pacific Northwest in its glory days. McCulloch was synonymous with the best there is for many, many years..., some would say even to this day.

Search YouTube for Buckin' Billy Ray if you don't know who he is. He still uses Macs on an almost daily basis and has gazillions of vids. Quite a character and loves his McCullochs.

Feed that mac good fuel and oil, and tune her right and your kids will be running that saw years after your gone. Gotta love them.

Your probably right, A well respected member here just rebuilt it 1 month ago. I ran the p/m 55 tonight, it reminded me why I bought the 850. I use about 4-6 cords of wood a year, I have about 8 cords split/stacked right now. I just told my tree cutting boss to drop another load of logs just so I have something to cut. Generally about 2-3 cords per truck load.

Wise thing walking away before ya get silly. The torx head thing is a good idea less pissing around too. Sp n cp models are they the pro versions more or less? Wer macs still used in forestry by the 70s/80s? They never realy were here and by the 80s stihl had a choke on it i have to admit as much as im anti stihl they did master the art of dealers n markiting. U can show someone the crappyest ms250 and "wahoo nice saw mate" cos it stihl and the laugh at my older echo and macs. They seem to hate on mcculloch for 1 reason or another not all but alot. Is it like that in the states?
I'm Mac and Homeys through and through, but for starting and running I gotta give thumbs up to Stihl and 2 thumbs down to Husky.. I cannot keep a Husky running right..too many factors that a person can't control now and days.. Although it did get better when I started WHACKING off the Rev limiters. I ain't in California..

Macs had a pretty good run in forestry through the 70s into the early 80s. Basically right up until Robert McCullough passed away and the kids sold it out to black and decker. The sp and cp models were the top of the heap for Mac.

Latest posts

Back