Has anyone here used the MXD52 stump grinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMTorrison

Reaction score
I'm looking for reviews regarding the MXD52 stump grinder. Mainly, trying to find out what problems ppl have with it, what complaints there are, and how prevalent these issues and conerns may be. A little searching has not revealed any reviews to me yet, but, I may just not be searching properly. Any advice, or personal reviews would be greatly appreciated.

I have used an older version of this Morbark 2005, the worst part of the machine was the turning radius, I'm sure they have fixed this issue but I would demo it and make sure you are happy with the turning angle. The other odd design was that it would turn tighter one way vs. the other. Please report back on the turning angle if you demo one.

I was in the stump grinding business for 15 years. In all that time I NEVER saw anyone with a Morbark stump grinder. To the best of my knowledge, Morbark has never been a player in the stump grinder business, and has never offered a really comparable model to Rayco, Carlton, or Bandit. Now that Morbark has bought out Rayco, I think most, if not all of the Morbark grinders will go away, in favor of the proven Rayco designs. You would probably be buying an orphan machine if you get the MXD52.

Back