Ticks !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i Wipe down with two stroke mix when gassing up the saws. Haven’t tried the husky 50:1 mix in a can yet. I don’t spend too much time in the woods.

I bought a permethrin spray at the pet shop to kill ticks on dogs. I will spray my shoes and my pants below the knees. This is the only way I can buy this insecticide in Canada. It is written to be used only on dogs on the bottle. The permethrin pants and socks are not allowed to be sold here. I will try to go to REI in Boston next week. Also I will stay away from deer trails for the summer. Our Lyme desease test in Canada is not good and some people have to get diagnosed and treated in the USA. It seems that vets are better at treating animals than doctors to treat people. What scares me the most is if my kids get that... This makes me realize that the way I spent my childhood, playing in tall grass in shorts all summer, would now be a health hazard...

I bought a permethrin spray at the pet shop to kill ticks on dogs. I will spray my shoes and my pants below the knees. This is the only way I can buy this insecticide in Canada. It is written to be used only on dogs on the bottle. The permethrin pants and socks are not allowed to be sold here. I will try to go to REI in Boston next week. Also I will stay away from deer trails for the summer. Our Lyme desease test in Canada is not good and some people have to get diagnosed and treated in the USA. It seems that vets are better at treating animals than doctors to treat people. What scares me the most is if my kids get that... This makes me realize that the way I spent my childhood, playing in tall grass in shorts all summer, would now be a health hazard...
I've had a hard time finding the Permethrin too.

I went back to the wood this morning. Haven’t seen a single tick. Permethrin + staying away from deer trails did the trick.
67b753efe35e48fd33ddb8e93c608690.jpg

New study just came out saying Permethrin treated clothing works really well. I didn’t care that much as my area has never been that bad. Until 2 weeks ago when my daughter pulled one off in the bathroom and I did in the barn the same evening. We weren’t even in the same places that day. Think it’s going to be a bad year for ticks in North Central Ohio!

New study just came out saying Permethrin treated clothing works really well. I didn’t care that much as my area has never been that bad. Until 2 weeks ago when my daughter pulled one off in the bathroom and I did in the barn the same evening. We weren’t even in the same places that day. Think it’s going to be a bad year for ticks in North Central Ohio!
Were they the black legged deer ticks that can transmit Lyme?
Good thing you found them.
I bought some tall rubber safety boots for working out in the bush and have been tuckin in my pants and spraying the hell out of my feet and all over with a good Deet bug spray.
Working so far.

I’m on pain meds(morphine) bugs only bite me once then die. I check for tics all the time and look for tics on the misses when your old any excuse to get naked. Lol

I wish we had a no pest strip for tics,

I purchased those little logs we put around our property. It has poison filled cotton the mice build their nests with. It kills the tics on the mice. That’s were tics start out from.

Here's what I use:
Permethrin SFR 36.8%
445b.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

I put it on the dogs between the shoulderblades for ticks/fleas, also treat my pant legs, boot tops, etc etc with it. No ticks, no chiggers, no spider bites, and mosquitoes that land on it fall off, dead.

The military used to use it extensively on clothing. Supposedly it will survive 6 machine washings...

Here's what I use:
Permethrin SFR 36.8%
445b.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

I put it on the dogs between the shoulderblades for ticks/fleas, also treat my pant legs, boot tops, etc etc with it. No ticks, no chiggers, no spider bites, and mosquitoes that land on it fall off, dead.

The military used to use it extensively on clothing. Supposedly it will survive 6 machine washings...

Thanks, I'll be ordering some.

I’m on pain meds(morphine) bugs only bite me once then die. I check for tics all the time and look for tics on the misses when your old any excuse to get naked. Lol

I wish we had a no pest strip for tics,

I purchased those little logs we put around our property. It has poison filled cotton the mice build their nests with. It kills the tics on the mice. That’s were tics start out from.
every animal out there has ticks so the cotton filled tubes only kill back some of the ticks. Deer, rabbits, coyotes, mice, raccoons, foxes etc. all are covered with ticks this time of year. Real gross.

Back