Turning Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delta 46-460 till I can justify my dream lathe, I use a variety of finishing techniques for varies turnings such as triple eee , shalak wax, and micro mesh for small turnings, sometimes ca finish. The larger turnings it varies with mixed results and am still looking for my favorite combination but I do use beall buffing a lot . I do do a lot of the larger turnings green rough turn to around 10 percent of estimated finish and let them sit for around a year if at all possibly and sometimes longer. Some I seal the end grain with anchor seal before I let them sit and some I don't and use ca to stop cracks as the start. For my best results I rough turn, let them sit in the shop a couple months and then if I can time it right bring them inside when I start using the wood stove for around here is about 5 or 6 months then in the summer or fall finish turning. It is best to keep a large stock of rough turned bowls and let them sit as long as possible and don't rush the drying process. Tried it and it gives me less than satisfactory results

HI
do you buy wood for turning
I got 1/3 of pick up truck of misc pcs of klim dryed walnut wood
plus I have many pcs of walnut logs\
plus other kinds of wood
for sale
im in pa

Are you still looking to get rid of the walnut?

And if so, what part of PA?

HI
do you buy wood for turning
I got 1/3 of pick up truck of misc pcs of klim dryed walnut wood
plus I have many pcs of walnut logs\
plus other kinds of wood
for sale
im in pa
ALL THE WOOD IS SOLD

Latest posts

Back