Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the black for on top of the fuel tank, never noticed that before.

Steve

Just a seal, bottom of af cover seats on.

Did you retry the 164?

Steve

Not yet, was getting saw ready for a little gtg today.

Just set it to the side in a plastic bag till I put a new kit in it. Have it apart so mise well put another in it even though I cant see anything wrong.

Need some verification or new ideas. Just rebuilt micro xxv. New ring, carb kit, fuel lines, filter. Got it together and it wont start but did bump a couple times. I figured it was trying to burn the assembly lub and grease (connecting rod/crank bearings fell out so had to use grease to reinstall).
Got fire. Got fuel. Got O2.
Checked compression - 85psi - ugh Wore myself out pulling on it (at least 300 times) so hooked up drill to the flywheel nut. Still no joy
Is that compression normal for a new ring in a apparently good jug?
Dont yet have a pressure/vacuum gauge so didnt check that. Gonna get one next week. Im guessing bad seals could contribute to the compression reading.
Any valid ideas

Did you squirt fuel into the carb,,I did one not to long ago and had to help it get going with fuel before it would go on its own. Seems like the pump in the carb is slow to get fuel into the motor. It doesn't take much fuel to flood the little ones. Keep us posted and we will help with ideas

Few of us got together and ran a few 60cc class saws yesterday. The biggest log isnt even in the pic. The one shown on stand started 16 wide and 14 tall but ended where we are in pic 16 x 16. The other one can take 28" buried. The biggest one is way bigger. But not for the small saws.

Some snapped pics I wasnt aware of till today. :eek:

gtg1860ccctest.jpg gtg1860cctest.jpg

Few of us got together and ran a few 60cc class saws yesterday. The biggest log isnt even in the pic. The one shown on stand started 16 wide and 14 tall but ended where we are in pic 16 x 16. The other one can take 28" buried. The biggest one is way bigger. But not for the small saws.

Some snapped pics I wasnt aware of till today. :eek:

View attachment 658206 View attachment 658207
That looks like it was a great fun time, KFC as a treat, can't get better

Back