Husqvarna 576XPG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale M

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
CE225416-CD82-432B-8D94-AAFD89BF4533.jpeg I bought a Husky 576 xpg auto tune about a month back and finally went and cut
A truck load of wood today. I’m impressed, it was only about 10” diameter standing dead pine, put on a New Husky H48 20 inch chain that I had and it zips thro wood like I’ve never seen before. I always wear gloves and today was about 70 degrees but had to try the heated handles they are Hot , too hot to hold without gloves. I used 40-1 Trufuel. It’s starts easy idles good.
And I didn’t use a lot of gas.But yup it’s a heavy saw.I Like it :)
Dale M

A 576xpg for firewood! A bit too much saw for firewood. A 550xp would be plenty saw for what your cutting.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

Congrats on this beast. I purchased a 575xp and she cuts awesome. These bigger power heads really preform with the longer bars too. I like them. I purchased the 353, the 575 and the 385xp the same day.

The heated handles are awesome to cut with in the winter time.

A 576xpg for firewood! A bit too much saw for firewood. A 550xp would be plenty saw for what your cutting.

Wtf is wrong with you? There is no such thing as too much saw ;) My 372 is my goto firewood saw. 20" bar, 24", 28" and even 32". Just swap bars and it'll do whatever I want whenever. Best firewood saw I own. Isn't the 576 roughly the same size as a 372.

Wtf is wrong with you? There is no such thing as too much saw ;) My 372 is my goto firewood saw. 20" bar, 24", 28" and even 32". Just swap bars and it'll do whatever I want whenever. Best firewood saw I own. Isn't the 576 roughly the same size as a 372.
Agreed up to a point but a big powerhead with a small bar will wear you down faster over the course of a Day. I'm 41 so i have had to learn to work smarter and not harder as i've gotten older.

Sometimes by the end of the day cutting we just want to get it done the last few cuts we make with a dull chain that big power head even pulls a dull chain through the wood. Adjust your length of bar to the diameter of the wood. A day of lugging that big power head is better than time at the gym. Keep the saw in the wood cutting. Sooner or later your arms will look like popeye.

Agreed up to a point but a big powerhead with a small bar will wear you down faster over the course of a Day. I'm 41 so i have had to learn to work smarter and not harder as i've gotten older.

If you get worn down your not in shape yet. Even today at 67yo disabled I can stand in one spot with a 385xp with a 32” bar and buck up the trunk. It’s still in my heart the drive never goes away.

If you get worn down your not in shape yet. Even today at 67yo disabled I can stand in one spot with a 385xp with a 32” bar and buck up the trunk. It’s still in my heart the drive never goes away.
I'm in mint condition for my age, i have an engine like a train and and the courage of a lion but i also have a brain. A 550xp with a sharp chain is all one needs for timber up to 12".

Agree with ya there no doubt Tool. After a 60 hour work week I’m reaching for the 346xp every time ;)

I was using the 2100, 266, for felling and bucking. I’m looking for exercise too.

Back