Help identifying Stihl Brushcutter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenBH

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a brushcutter from a farm. I'm going to guess it'd be a 70's or 80's one as it has a thumb throttle instead of the plastic trigger. For the model I can see FS then the number is rubbed off and it looks like AV was at the end. It says electronic below that. It appears to be mostly metal including the gas tank Air filter is square not round so it looks like I may luck out and have the Walboro carb but other than that my research is coming up empty. None of the manuals on the stihl site look like what I have. I'll try to post a pic or two here. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Ben35790969_10156424439928703_611757583815933952_n.jpg 35757794_10156424439853703_7827167753353035776_n.jpg

Looks like we found it! Thanks to all for the help. Nothing that looked like it had been popping up in normal searches. You had to know what you were looking at and search that specific model for it to pop up. I'll be getting a new plug and throwing some premix in it to see if it'll fire. At 50 bucks I figured I couldn't go wrong here. May be buying some brush/wooded land soon so should come in handy for the 10 minutes my soft body will be able to hold it for :p

After two pulls it's only at 90psi. After a few more it creeps to 120 so I think it's tear down time. I posted another thread but no responses yet on pistons. Meteor or Epsilan (sp?) don't appear to be readily available so not sure what brand to go with at this point if it needs a piston. If i'm lucky it'll just be a ring job (i'm not normally lucky). Obviously it'll make sense to just do a whole new gasket set. How stout are the crank seals on these things? Worth attacking as long as it's apart or skip em? Never worked on a horizontal cylinder setup before and it looks like it'll be more difficult to take apart. No youtube videos of anything either that I could find so this ought to be interesting.

Latest posts

Back