Makita EA6100PR or Echo CS 620PW Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, not buying it from HD. I got a quote from a dealer, and their regular price is much better than HD's. To top that off, their ECHO 20% off day is coming up in a week and they are about 20 minutes from where I live. So, that's going to be it! Additionally, through HD's site I can only order the one with the 20 inch bar. With the dealer I can get any size bar I want. That said, I'm likely going with the 20 inch bar anyway.

Ok, not buying it from HD. I got a quote from a dealer, and their regular price is much better than HD's. To top that off, their ECHO 20% off day is coming up in a week and they are about 20 minutes from where I live. So, that's going to be it! Additionally, through HD's site I can only order the one with the 20 inch bar. With the dealer I can get any size bar I want. That said, I'm likely going with the 20 inch bar anyway.

I’ve got a fellow who runs the 27”/ 91dl B&C on his Ported 620 & it’s a smedium Beast.

Home Depot is strange; they are cheap on one saw and high on the next. I think 20" is the best bet.

Heads up on the Echo 20" bar. Both of my CS600's are 3/8"x.050x70 drive links. Most 20" bars carry 72dl. 72 Is easier to find.
Shep

Ok, as I understand it, what I want is 3/8" chain. From what I've been reading. That said, I'm not sure I understand the benefit of 72 drive links vs 70.

Ok, as I understand it, what I want is 3/8" chain. From what I've been reading. That said, I'm not sure I understand the benefit of 72 drive links vs 70.

20" factory echo bar will come 3/8 70 dl.

Benift would be more common loops from other stores etc.

Decent dealer should be able to spin up any dl count you want.

Have to use a different bar for 72 do to fit.

I adapt stihl bars to fit, keep the bar/chain count manageable.

I suppose you've made up your mind already, but I'll throw in a vote for the Echo. Love my 620-pw. Quality top to bottom!

Disclaimer, I have not run a 6100, but I have no doubt it's a fine saw if it's anything like my 6401-upjugged-to-7900 is!

One year warranty versus five is not the deal it looks like as it's for manufacturers defects, which if you actually use your saw you will find any and all within the first year. Never ran the Echo though I do own some other OPE and it just plain works. But I do have a 6100 and it is one smooth machine, great anti-vibe and very well balanced. You won't go wrong with either but I vote 6100.

Makita gets my vote, even though I've never run a 6100. My 6401/7910 is a smooth wood eating machine! Wasn't impressed with the cs590 I ran.

Makita gets my vote, even though I've never run a 6100. My 6401/7910 is a smooth wood eating machine! Wasn't impressed with the cs590 I ran.
590s seem to be hit or miss. Mine would run with 036s stock other guys say there dogs. I still think a ported 590 is a better option then a 620 and you'll be into either for around the same price.

590s seem to be hit or miss. Mine would run with 036s stock other guys say there dogs. I still think a ported 590 is a better option then a 620 and you'll be into either for around the same price.

They have to have a good tune, or they fall off fast.

If the op waits for the 20% off that is the way to go and get the 620.

Back