Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you find this collecting addicting? I just received a non running 372xp Husqvarna yesterday, another Husqvarna 268xp in the mail and I’m after another Husqvarna. I’d like to fill in the gaps in the Husqvarna line up. Then move on to the macs.

Do you find this collecting addicting? I just received a non running 372xp Husqvarna yesterday, another Husqvarna 268xp in the mail and I’m after another Husqvarna. I’d like to fill in the gaps in the Husqvarna line up. Then move on to the macs.
That's why it's called "CAD"....lol

Hello all!

I just joined because there seems to be a healthy knowledge base here on old chainsaws. I recently was given an old 74 Homelight Super XL Auto by my wife's grandfather. It is in great running condition by the way (if you would like to see pictures just let me know). I have always loved chainsaws but never really owned one, so this one will be my first. I am wanting to restore this amazing machine by cleaning it up and eventually repainting it. Any information would be helpful at this point, but I would also like to know your opinions on saws I should look for in the future, I've been looking really hard at the Poulan 306A and maybe a vintage McCulloch as well. Any links to any type of resource would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!
Always use ebay, and www.chainsawr.com is a really nice place to find vintage and newer parts. One guy Leon who owns Leon's chainsaw parts and repair I think is what is called has a site and a YouTube channel and he's very good at repairing vintage saws especially homelite saws. I purchased my first homelite super xl automatic from him. The saw below is my saw. I would recomend looking Into the ignition chip option for long term especially for starting your saw in colder weather
388340585e4ee2317783a61e97805621.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Always use ebay, and www.chainsawr.com is a really nice place to find vintage and newer parts. One guy Leon who owns Leon's chainsaw parts and repair I think is what is called has a site and a YouTube channel and he's very good at repairing vintage saws especially homelite saws. I purchased my first homelite super xl automatic from him. The saw below is my saw. I would recomend looking Into the ignition chip option for long term especially for starting your saw in colder weather
388340585e4ee2317783a61e97805621.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I've used them both before quite a bit, I've come a long way since that first post lol. I'm subscribed to Leon on YouTube, he makes some good content.

Although I did have a perfectly-good, NOS OEM Mac 28" bar & chain on the PROMAC 850 {I grabbed at an annual auto/everything flea recently, fer fifty.... A little Deliverance parlance, there, for those
who may not readily recognize it...:) ; I had a clean Rem roller-noser, so modded for oiling routing, made some bushing/spacers, reversed the position of the adjuster block/tab, and....took her out for
a bit of sunshine just now. Quick test-cut, of-coursin'... A 'working' 25"...just right for the 850, as far as aesthetic symmetry and...for ripping, I think.

[A few years back, I sold to someone in these here AS Parts....a roller nose bar, with an unusually-large DIA roller. Would'n be interested in reacquiring her, if you're finished with the lovin'....]

DSCN9107.JPG DSCN9108.JPG DSCN9109.JPG DSCN9102.JPG DSCN9106.JPG

Although I did have a perfectly-good, NOS OEM Mac 28" bar & chain on the PROMAC 850 {I grabbed at an annual auto/everything flea recently, fer fifty.... A little Deliverance parlance, there, for those
who may not readily recognize it...:) ; I had a clean Rem roller-noser, so modded for oiling routing, made some bushing/spacers, reversed the position of the adjuster block/tab, and....took her out for
a bit of sunshine just now. Quick test-cut, of-coursin'... A 'working' 25"...just right for the 850, as far as aesthetic symmetry and...for ripping, I think.

[A few years back, I sold to someone in these here AS Parts....a roller nose bar, with an unusually-large DIA roller. Would'n be interested in reacquiring her, if you're finished with the lovin'....]

View attachment 659544 View attachment 659545 View attachment 659546 View attachment 659547 View attachment 659548
I was doing inventory and dusting (ya right) in the shop and ran across an old banana bar.. Heard they were quite dangerous.. About 16"-18" long. Just saying. Comments?

Back