Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4a534968ad8a070d2fc4eacc413bc6b0.png
yep the Durango Fires
Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona are taking the blunt right now. California is heating up, two going now on the Mendo in the Elk Creek & Stonyford areas. A lot of fire history in those areas and unfortunately the home of the 1953 Rattlesnake fire burn over and fatality’s
d6c9ceaf13060999650807728352b7e1.jpg
l

Erik

Lion fire in the Sierra national forest backcountry went nuclear last night and this morning.
1529840357876.jpgbuck_rock_3-1547.jpg

I read 20 or so pages of you "younger" smoke-eaters bantering back and forth. Very interesting. The fire line sure has cut a lot of black in the 20 odd years since I had one foot inside it here in Oregon. I think much of your situation has to do with fuel load as expressed in the formula: Where the prior one hundred years of USFS total fire suppression is multiplied with most recent 50 years of "conservationist" inaction.

Good luck with your season. Looks like another long one, and remember if the weather isn't hitting record highs, well, the fuel loads still are. I'll check your pulse here on what has mostly become your private chat board. Keep up the good fight.

best flames ever.jpg

I'm in L-380 this week, taught by a couple of retired SpecOps guys and a retired USFS pilot. It's a strange class. Useful and more than a little inspiring, but weird. Oddest of all is the insistence on building a "team" that will dissolve at class end 2 days from now. Yet, it's working, and I could easily work with these guys indefinitely. A real head-scratcher.

Latest posts

Back