Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is about 1965 ( $15 at a swap meet ) did bearings and seals on her and a 14/50 p/c. Lots of grunt. Your paint is not faded . Nice
Top end is the same between the 14-20 and 14-50, only diff between the two is the 14-50 has an automatic oiler as well as a manual, I had never really given much thought to this series of Pioneers until after getting my first, the 14-20 with the stack muffler, that was three months ago, I now have another 14-20 with full wrap, a 14-50, a 3270sc also with full wrap, and as of yesterday evening a 2460 on it's way, yeah, you could say I like this series....lol....here's the 3270sc......:DIMAG0601.JPG

Thanks to Pioneerguy600 turning me on to Jeff for a part for my P41 I now have a chain brake set up for the P41.
But........ I have a bit of a problem . I have looked at the IPL for the P41 but I'm not quite sure how the brake handle is supposed to fit in there and I don't want to force anything. I'm talking about how the handle sits in that little cam thingy .So could someone on here with a P41 take the clutch cover off with brake assembled in the brake off position and take a picture of the inside working parts so that I can see how it should go together it would be much appreciated !
Thanks !
WesternSaw

Thanks to Pioneerguy600 turning me on to Jeff for a part for my P41 I now have a chain brake set up for the P41.
But........ I have a bit of a problem . I have looked at the IPL for the P41 but I'm not quite sure how the brake handle is supposed to fit in there and I don't want to force anything. I'm talking about how the handle sits in that little cam thingy .So could someone on here with a P41 take the clutch cover off with brake assembled in the brake off position and take a picture of the inside working parts so that I can see how it should go together it would be much appreciated !
Thanks !
WesternSaw
If somebody doesn't do it before I get back home from vacation, I will do it for you.

Thanks !
WesternSaw

Here you go

Brake set in operating position

P41 set.JPG

Brake tripped

P41 tripped.JPG

I love the sunday fundays. My boys are grown and I have a few years to go before my grandson will be out cutting with me. Enjoy the time Cory, it goes so fast. Looked like the P41 was running good. My oldest still runs the Jonsered 510 sp I gave him 15 years ago (calls it little red) lol.

Picked up a 1771 on Vancouver Island while on vacation, the girlfriend is beginning to suspect all our vacations are planned around chainsaw acquisitions...

The 1771 is stuck solid, but after removing the muffler it seems to have only relatively minor scoring. Its soaking in PB Blaster at the moment so we will see how that does. Its in rough shape, and missing the manual oil pump, but I figured for $40 I couldn't go wrong considering how rare these seem to be.

20180709_131147.jpg
Hiked into Carmanah Walbran Park, its all old growth spruce and they all average 8-10' diameter. And they're all over 200' tall.

20180710_124350.jpg
Also went to McLean Mill in Port Alberni and saw this, no saws at the mill though.

Lots of freshly powdered P-60 parts, thanks to @glock37 and a few others...

View attachment 663749

The build is stalled for the moment, as Jim is dealing with some pretty serious family stuff right now... but I will post more pics when the saw is back together.
That looks great. Did you find a case gasket? Or will you make one?

Back