Ms180 over sized piston.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad_mat222

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Are there over sized kits available for the ms180 for a bit more torque. I see the ms211 is bigger in diameter but same stroke. Does the 211 cylinder bolt up? There seems to be a few different sizes out there just not sure what fits.

Cheers
Mat

My knowledge of chainsaws is limited to; they cut stuff so excuse the ignorance.

What’s a floppy cap. Is that like a thinga majig on the whosa whatsit?

If you swapped a ms250 cylinder in would you need to change out the bottom end and carb?

Understood. Sounds very boring. Has anyone ever made a ms180 hot saw. Not because it’s a high performance anything but just because you can?

As the saying goes: no replacement for displacement. It’s just fun to try though. I’ve seen NOS on scooters. It’s still a scooter. And I liked you threadBlsnelling on the 180. I thought perhaps you had done a MS180 Godzilla/Frankenstein saw. Thanks for replies. Cheers mat

Are the torque specs for this engine available somewhere. There is nothing in the service manual. Be good to know what I am supposed to be tightening everything up too.

Cheers

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Ignition module/cylinder 7.5 5.6

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Crankcase 8.0 5.9

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Fan housing/crankcase 4.5 3.3

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Crankcase/cylinder 9.5 7.0

bar mounting

Collar screw M 8 Crankcase 16.0 11.8 1)

Flange nut M 12x1L Clutch 50.0 37.0

Flange nut M 5 Carburetor 3.5 2.6

Nut M 5 Muffler/cylinder 7.0 5.2

Flange nut M 8x1 Flywheel 27.5 20.3

M 14x1.25 Spark plug 25.0 18.5

Screw IS-P 4x12 Hand guard/fan housing 1.7 1.25 2)

Panhead Screw IS-DG 5x16 Engine housing/Spiked bumper 3.7 2.7

Screw IS-P 4x19 Handle molding/Handle frame 2.0 1.5

here is a copy of more of the page.....

These screws form a permanent thread when they are installed for the first time. They can be removed and

installed as often as necessary without detrimentally affecting the strength of the screwed assembly, providing

the specified tightening torque is observed.

For this reason it is essential to use a torque wrench.

Fastener Thread For component Torque Remarks

size Nm lbf.ft

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Ignition module/cylinder 7.5 5.6

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Crankcase 8.0 5.9

Spline screw IS-DG 5x24 Fan housing/crankcase

Back