Moving slabs/boards from mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman0490

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ordinarilly when I am using my woodmizer I will do a log or 2 at time. Then drive the tractor over with another log or 2 and take away boards. (One trip) I have the mill next to my house, so I drive across my lawn to do this.
When I know it will be wet out, I may stack 5-6 logs so I don’t have to drive over the lawn. But then the boards stack up too much.
My question is does anyone have this cart from notch. I was thinking while it’s on sale, I could off load the boards right onto the cart, then just pull the cart over the lawn to my stacking area even when the ground is wet.
https://www.treestuff.com/store/cat...ular+Tree+Cart&utm_campaign=Flash+Sale+-+6/25

I see the pull carts at Home Depot and harbor freight, but I don’t know if they are heavy duty enough, this cart seems like it will handle it.

What are you going to pull it with? Tractor? Your still driving over a wet lawn with something heavy and that cart will probably rut up the lawn by just the weight of the boards on it. My .02...

By hand. Probably one logs worth of boards at a time.

My Kubota is like 6k

This cart is like 125lb and figuring on maybe 500lb pull.
I’m slightly down hill to where I stack.

I got an email for the sale price and was thinking about it.

There a YouTube guy that has one and he says he likes it. His channel is called “human”. Tree stuff I think sponsors him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just put slabs in a rack, holds about a cord or so. Band it up and put for sale. Boards to be edged in a pile, boards gtg in another pile.

Have a deck in front of the sawmill, can fit maybe 20-30 logs on it.

Use either one of the skid steers or a forklift to move logs and lumber.

Set your mill on a gravel or concrete pad. Why play in the mud?

Also what is a 2500 cummings?

Mill is on gravel. Logs and stacking is a big wood chipped area. But my lawn is in between. My woodmizer is electric.
Lawn isn’t an issue when dry.

2014 ram 2500 with the Cummings

It's Cummins. Not sure where "Cummings" is coming from?

3 phase electric or? We just have a small LT40 with a 50?hp disel.

It's Cummins. Not sure where "Cummings" is coming from?

3 phase electric or? We just have a small LT40 with a 50?hp disel.

I've been a truck Driver for 30 years, and even hear professionals call them CumminGs, one of my Pet Peeves as well.

At Least with the Professionals, those who "Know Better" buy the Best any way, and I have yet to hear anyone Pronounce "Cat", or "Caterpillar" with a "G" ;):surprised3::)

In the Heavy truck market we have the option of buying the best, unfortunately, the Pick Up class market doesn't have that option yet :(:(:(

Doug :cheers:

Latest posts

Back