The 461 worked today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtle

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new MS461 two days ago and all I can say is, wow!!
She's a powerhouse. I ended up coming across one online listed for 979.00. It was an error. But, the company honored the price, so I couldn't pass it up. I cut a few loads of wood today and I'm impressed. I'll be cutting a bunch more Thursday. I do need to get a 20" bar/chain for it though. The 30" isn't something I need on a regular basis. Its what came with it though.

Attachments

• ms461ms170.JPG
    ms461ms170.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 183
Nice saw the 461 is my next saw . I plan to run a 20 on it as well and keep a 28 around for the bigger stuff.

There is nothing I have cut, that slows the saw with a 24" bar. Keep the chain sharp and it will continue to impress.

I also have a 32" bar, but only use it for special purposes, which turns out is not that common. Still it is nice to have, just incase.

I run a 28 on the older 460 mag - ended up getting a lil MS 260 for most if my firewood- cause I'm getting older and that 460 get heavy running it all day. i had a 20 on it for awhile and its a cutting sum a gun

I picked up a new MS461 two days ago and all I can say is, wow!!
She's a powerhouse. I ended up coming across one online listed for 979.00. It was an error. But, the company honored the price, so I couldn't pass it up. I cut a few loads of wood today and I'm impressed. I'll be cutting a bunch more Thursday. I do need to get a 20" bar/chain for it though. The 30" isn't something I need on a regular basis. Its what came with it though.

Watch the air filter on the 461 - mine gets plugged full at out a half a day's work. Nice saw - congrats.

Back