Going to buy a new saw , just figuring on which one to get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It gets back to just how much Big wood you will be cutting?

If a Lot, then the 390XP, if not so much the 372XP, and run a skip tooth chain, might be plenty.

I really Enjoy my 3120XP bucking Big wood, but when Gravity ISN'T helping me;), that 3120 gets put down PDQ, if I don't NEED the Power or reach of the bars I have for the 3120.

The 372XP is on my list of saws to get, but it is behind the 395XP on my list.

Ya Know, The REAL Answer is to get a 372XP with a 24" B&C, AND a 390XP with a 32" B&C then you are covered for anything you might run into:yes:

Hi my name is Doug, and I have a Problem,

Er, Uhm, actually those that Think I have a problem, are the ones with the problem, they say CAD, CSMAD as if they were BAD THINGS, some people just don't understand:D

My Wife says that "Saws are USEFUL, and you can't have too many" Sorry Guys, I'm KEEPING Her:), and trying to prove her theory as quickly as the budget allows, Hopefully before she comes to her senses;):)

Doug :cheers:

I think I would sell both and get a 50cc and a 70cc saw. Echo 490 and a 372 would be a cost effective combo. The echo is much lighter and complements the 372 better than the Stihl.

Or sell both and get a 562xp, and borrow a 90cc saw on the rare occasion you need more power. I don't have one, but hear a 20 inch full comp, and a 24 or 28 skip tooth on a 562 pulls plenty hard.

I think I would sell both and get a 50cc and a 70cc saw. Echo 490 and a 372 would be a cost effective combo. The echo is much lighter and complements the 372 better than the Stihl.

Or sell both and get a 562xp, and borrow a 90cc saw on the rare occasion you need more power. I don't have one, but hear a 20 inch full comp, and a 24 or 28 skip tooth on a 562 pulls plenty hard.

A 562 will pull a semi skip 32 without issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 562 will pull a semi skip 32 without issues.

Sounds like selling the Stihl and grabbing a 562xp keeps you at a similar weight of the Stihl 310, but with the balls to pull a 32 when needed. You could even get a ported one with your savings from selling the Stihl. The 372 and 562 are pretty close in price .

I’ve ran Husky 365s , 372s , Stihl 460s cutting right of ways and a 660 a few times.
What’s the problem here? You’ve ran the the big ones. Should be easy. Buy the one you liked best.

What’s the problem here? You’ve ran the the big ones. Should be easy. Buy the one you liked best.
I liked the 372s the best but they were the old ones and not sure about the new ones. I never ran either of them with a 28 inch bar we ran 24s.

I hear you. But your going to get different opinions until the end of time. You have experience with saws in the range you’re looking at. Go with that.
Agreed , just wanted to maybe start a discussion with you guys and maybe learn a thing or two. Being a new guy to the forum just wanted to talk to a few guys and get to know some of you guys as well. Thanks for joining in and hope you have a good 4th.

Agreed , just wanted to maybe start a discussion with you guys and maybe learn a thing or two. Being a new guy to the forum just wanted to talk to a few guys and get to know some of you guys as well. Thanks for joining in and hope you have a good 4th.
You too. You like fireworks? Who doesn’t, right? Lol

I liked the 372s the best but they were the old ones and not sure about the new ones. I never ran either of them with a 28 inch bar we ran 24s.

88f55fd0543bc668e0a01a3b948bf8b8.jpg
0f2a9ba101f27bfa28c82e6a8285f600.jpg
ad1a021155828a0745d26b9ca558d1d9.jpg

A good share of that red alder was cut with a 562 with a 32 and a 390.

7C8C3A45-EC2F-49F7-9511-F1191844D069.jpeg Well I went into my local Husqvarna dealer to see if they had any 372s and they were sold out , they had a 576 and some smaller pro saws like the 543 and then a smoking deal on this monster. I don’t need it but I almost bought it. It’s more saw than I need but it actually didn’t feel that heavy in hand. It must be balanced well with the 24” bar and chain. I’d say this thing would cut with some authority with this setup.

View attachment 661714 Well I went into my local Husqvarna dealer to see if they had any 372s and they were sold out , they had a 576 and some smaller pro saws like the 543 and then a smoking deal on this monster. I don’t need it but I almost bought it. It’s more saw than I need but it actually didn’t feel that heavy in hand. It must be balanced well with the 24” bar and chain. I’d say this thing would cut with some authority with this setup.
How much for a 372
700 or so here last i checked.

View attachment 661714 Well I went into my local Husqvarna dealer to see if they had any 372s and they were sold out , they had a 576 and some smaller pro saws like the 543 and then a smoking deal on this monster. I don’t need it but I almost bought it. It’s more saw than I need but it actually didn’t feel that heavy in hand. It must be balanced well with the 24” bar and chain. I’d say this thing would cut with some authority with this setup.
I want one of those myself.

Back