Plastic polish?.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
what plastic polish do you use to bring back the shine to poor looking plastic?

Meguiars Plastix or plastic, it truly polishes the plastic and will take out mice scratches. You can start with aluminum polish and finish with the geguiars 8k f the scratches are deeper.

There is a thread on AS about using boiled linseed oil and something else...can’t recall right now though. I mixed up a jar of it and use it on older saws from time to time. If it’s bad I first sand the plastic with steel wool and then a few progressively finer sand papers before applying the mixture. It does restore faded plastic to a much brighter finish, but it’s better with a bit of sanding to take care of some of the damage the sun does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WD40 works great when putting stickers on your bike plastics too. You can slide the sticker around just how you want it and the next day it’s not going anywhere.
Didn’t know that!! I’ve always used windex sprayed on rather heavily then apply sticker to move around in place, squeegee excess with credit card and it’s good to go in a few hours.

What happen to me is there was a post here about someones restoration. He cleaned the plastic with a certain brand, I bought some but missed placed the bottle and can’t remember the name of it. I guess Im losing it? Old age is upon me. Of course it worked awesome.

Here is what I use on my plastic rear window on my ragtop and on the plastic headlight shields. The #2 generally works well on everything. This is on ebay.
Like Brad said, some plastics have so much fiber, a clear coat poly is the best way to go.

View attachment 662395
I did mechanical maintenance in a plastics thermoforming plant for 17 years....they used this stuff all the time...

Back