Does anyone have the new echo cs501p?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the muffler opened up? There's good gains to be had from a muff mod on them and they stay pretty reasonable noise wise.

I’m trying to get more speed in the cut up in trees when I’m cutting down chunks when my cs-303t can’t do it. Here’s the address and hours for the Echo Dealer

15916 W 78th St
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
––––––––––––––––

_
Shops hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m
Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m
Sunday CLOSED
Thanks. I’ll have to check them out sometime.

I was less than impressed with Minneapolis Saw though. Owner didn’t have the time of day for me.

Thanks. I’ll have to check them out sometime.

I was less than impressed with Minneapolis Saw though. Owner didn’t have the time of day for me.
Yeah. I know. Unfortunately they are the only arborist supply store I know of here in Minneapolis. We need a wespur store here!!. And I haven’t done a muff mod yet. Tried it on my poulon pro 5020av. Good gain but I ****ed up the carb settings and now it won’t idle or accelerate so I’m a bit worried on doing that. Don’t wanna break my new 50cc saw lol

I'm not positive, but I think the tube in the muffler just unbolts and removes from the outside resulting in a super easy and reversible muffler mod. My buddy bought one of these recently. I've been meaning to check it out a little more.

I'll get a pick up of the opened up muff on mine. It takes less then 10 minutes. I did find it difficult to hear it 4 stroking when checking the tune afterward but after a bit of time I can pick it up well now. If the 5020 won't idle or accelerate try opening the low jet an 1/8 of a turn and see if it gets better. Sound like its lean on the low to me.

So from the needles being seated the Zama recommends 2 1/2 turns out and idle t to seated. Does that sound good. I thought idle t seated will not provide fast idle to the engine

I'll get a pick up of the opened up muff on mine. It takes less then 10 minutes. I did find it difficult to hear it 4 stroking when checking the tune afterward but after a bit of time I can pick it up well now. If the 5020 won't idle or accelerate try opening the low jet an 1/8 of a turn and see if it gets better. Sound like its lean on the low to me.
So then after pulling tube and opening up muffler what screw settings to re calibrate carb james? Or should I just send it to you to muff mod and port the soma *****

So then after pulling tube and opening up muffler what screw settings to re calibrate carb james? Or should I just send it to you to muff mod and port the soma *****
I don't port saws. My 590 was done by a member in Tennessee pretty much you have one of his saws or you don't know who he is. If I was gonna get my 490 done red97 would be at the top of my list.

As for carb settings after a muffler mod the only way to do it right is tune it in wood. You want it to 4 stroke at full throttle unloaded and clean up as soon as you start to cut. @blsnelling has some good videos on the forums I watched when I was learning to tune saws. If you can find them there very helpful for a beginner.

I don't port saws. My 590 was done by a member in Tennessee pretty much you have one of his saws or you don't know who he is. If I was gonna get my 490 done red97 would be at the top of my list.

As for carb settings after a muffler mod the only way to do it right is tune it in wood. You want it to 4 stroke at full throttle unloaded and clean up as soon as you start to cut. @blsnelling has some good videos on the forums I watched when I was learning to tune saws. If you can find them there very helpful for a beginner.
I have a @Red97 ported 590 and it thinks it’s a much bigger saw than 60 cc, a real beast.

Yeah I got a 620p that is top of those 60cc saws. Will say stock it’s absolutly powerful. Close by a husky 562xp and the ms-362. I like the husky a lot too but I don’t have any good dealers near Cept that Minneapolis saw which is kinda lacking in customer service unless your a regular. I know that red97. We’ve talked a bit. I guess it’ll be trial to muffler mod my echo then.

I have a 501P it's on the 3rd tank of fuel. I'm happy with it so far . I got it with a 16"bar running 20LPX chain . Been cutting Beech tops for firewood. Pretty strong and as fast in the wood as my buddy's Dolmar 421. Light and easy to handle. Did any of you have to retune early? Mine seems a little lean .

Tried to post a pic of the plug but it didn't show up.

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_112201907.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180928_112201907.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
I asked the dealer about the tune when I bought the saw. He said they hadn't tuned the saw but they hadn't had any trouble with them . I asked if I should bring it back after 5-6 tanks and he said that wasn't necessary. Bring it back if yiuythink something is wrong with it.

I asked the dealer about the tune when I bought the saw. He said they hadn't tuned the saw but they hadn't had any trouble with them . I asked if I should bring it back after 5-6 tanks and he said that wasn't necessary. Bring it back if yiuythink something is wrong with it.
I think its probably best to listen to tune periodically so you can tell if it is four stroking/cleaning up in wood. If you do not want to tune it yourself then bring it in and they can do it.

FWIW The carbed Husky's I have bought new all were test run at the dealership and never needed tuning after that. When I build or have a saw built I run it rich for the first ten or so tanks and then tune it spot on for my altitude. The couple of Echos I have dealt with as well as the Remington pole saw were dangerously lean out of the box.

The bad part about tuning myself is I void the warranty. I have a tach and a pretty good ear but I really didn't want to void the warranty until I make sure nothing else is wrong.

Back