Gas boiling today in the saw from 90 degree heat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if some Dry Gas would thin out this Winter Blend? We need to talk with a Petro Chemical Engineer!
About your truck, you need to check for water it should not happen in temps way lower than 90 degrees. Its still not running right? I don't think gas treatment helps after the gas is ruined

Wonder if some Dry Gas would thin out this Winter Blend? We need to talk with a Petro Chemical Engineer!
As I recall Dry Gas is really 100% ethanol. It absorbs water so it can be burned in the engine. Can you even buy it anymore or has it gone the way of the dodo bird now that ethanol is mandated?

As I recall Dry Gas is really 100% ethanol. It absorbs water so it can be burned in the engine. Can you even buy it anymore or has it gone the way of the dodo bird now that ethanol is mandated?
And you don't want alcohol in two strokes. I hope folks are talking about this for the guys pickup. But yes efuel basically has its own dry gas in it

Anyone know if ethanol free gas like VP will help?
That would sure be a good place to start. It would at least tell you if your fuel was the problem. I really like VP 94 mixed with Motul 710@40:1 in my MS261 & MS200 (rear handle). If you sniff the VP, it smells entirely different than any pump fuel with or without ethanol.

Methanol

About your truck, you need to check for water it should not happen in temps way lower than 90 degrees. Its still not running right? I don't think gas treatment helps after the gas is ruined

A treatment called 'Pri-G' (Pri-D for diesel fuel...) is the serious man's alternative to Stabil.... I've seen the critical comparative chemical analysis, and it does what a stabilizer/preservative needs to do, to a meaningfully-greater degree than Stabil. And....it claims to actually restore the volatile functionalities to old/dead/flat gas.

https://www.batterystuff.com/fuel-treatments/PRIG32oz.html

An excerpt from the product info. at the above link:

PRI-G goes a step further, actually restoring old fuel to refinery-fresh conditions.

Note: There are much cheaper prices out there than at this link, and...if you're serious, get a gallon at a good rate, and be set for the apocalypse.

Also, while there are many opinions....one might take a good look at the NATO gas cans, which can be had in sizes from 5L (1.25 gal. - though they are hard to find), to 10L and 20L, or about 2.5 and 1 gal.
Solid, airtight, quick-operating/positive cammed lids, internal venting up-to-and-through the nozzle(i.e. no external/secondary cap). Just plain a sound way to store/carry gasoline. Iffin' you are carrying/transporting them, wait for the contents to settle down, or slowly burp when opening.... {Of course...MIL-grade, but...not
EPA/CARB approved. Th'aint even painted Requisite Red.....}

Gas boiling is not new.. MAC had the problem years ago. My 1-70 still likes to run hot enough to boil. The 10 series has same problem. Has to do with top mount tanks.. I have a 7-10 (I think) where the tank is raised up so a draft space is provided

Gas boiling is not new.. MAC had the problem years ago. My 1-70 still likes to run hot enough to boil. The 10 series has same problem. Has to do with top mount tanks.. I have a 7-10 (I think) where the tank is raised up so a draft space is provided
Some gas boils more winter blend in the heat will go about a foot or so high when opening a cap from a tight sealed tank.

Won't a fuel stabilizer keep the summer gas fresh longer? Red Armor claims to keep fuel fresh for two years. If their claims are true, then that would be the answer to the issue of keeping your summer gas fresh until the next spring....or until you could purchase summer gas again. I know last fall I had to mow later in the year then I planned, so I decided to just fill my five gallon can with premium, and use stabil. I never had any problem with my mowers this spring using that gas.

Won't a fuel stabilizer keep the summer gas fresh longer? Red Armor claims to keep fuel fresh for two years. If their claims are true, then that would be the answer to the issue of keeping your summer gas fresh until the next spring....or until you could purchase summer gas again. I know last fall I had to mow later in the year then I planned, so I decided to just fill my five gallon can with premium, and use stabil. I never had any problem with my mowers this spring using that gas.
Yes stabilizer helps with fuel, I use it often for the season, but come 6 months or a year or so I just dump it into my old Chevrolet or mower, we're only talking a gallon max for me usually, as I only buy 2 gallons at the time and usually use half of it at least. I don't want to risk my equipment on $3 of gas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back