Huztl husky engine top covers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Is One Nice Looker!!! What’s she look like under the hood?

She's solid runner. I had arranged to go look at a 288xp that was on CL. I landed up in the hospital, so I asked my son to go look at the 288 and he came home with that and this 272xp at a bargain price. The top cover was melted by the muffler and the brake handle was missing. She's has 165-170 compression.

She's solid runner. I had arranged to go look at a 288xp that was on CL. I landed up in the hospital, so I asked my son to go look at the 288 and he came home with that and this 272xp at a bargain price. The top cover was melted by the muffler and the brake handle was missing. She's has 165-170 compression.
Hope your better!

How nice is your 288? You have two of My Very Favorite Saws!

My huztl cover was also made in Brazil and has all husqy markings. I figure it comes from same source as the OEM covers for those 'discontinued models' that are still produced for third world countries. They fit perfectly and all the little parts swapped over with no problems. At less than $12 delivered, I will ignore all the chinese junk comments. The saw is already over 20 years old and Husqvarna had plenty of time to reconsider their ridiculous pricing policies. View attachment 663165 View attachment 663166
Where did you get the decals? On top cover.

Hospital: Yeah foot is much better. Diabetes makes even the smallest infection a serious problem.

288: Great shape except for a severely faded top cover. Another great runner.

Lettering :The vinyl lettering was made on the plotter at my sister's graphics and sign shop. She was teaching me how to do some basic things with the program and I made a bunch in silver and blue in a bunch of different sizes. I can't sell them but I can jazz up my own stuff.

Hospital: Yeah foot is much better. Diabetes makes even the smallest infection a serious problem.

Lettering :The vinyl lettering was made on the plotter at my sister's graphics and sign shop. She was teaching me how to do some basic things with the program and I made a bunch in silver and blue in a bunch of different sizes. I can't sell them but I can jazz up my own stuff.
Wow! Nice work on The decals!

My Mom Is Diabetic. Terrible disorder... Hers’ is not well controlled. She has fought the battle for 4 decades plus

Is Your 288 a High Top? Or low? If Low, your in luck! Still available from Husqvarna!!!

My huztl cover was also made in Brazil and has all husqy markings. I figure it comes from same source as the OEM covers for those 'discontinued models' that are still produced for third world countries. They fit perfectly and all the little parts swapped over with no problems. At less than $12 delivered, I will ignore all the chinese junk comments. The saw is already over 20 years old and Husqvarna had plenty of time to reconsider their ridiculous pricing policies. View attachment 663165 View attachment 663166
Here is one Offering...

Attachments

• 8DCF5271-30AF-4EE8-8C49-E66C6BADAAF0.png
    8DCF5271-30AF-4EE8-8C49-E66C6BADAAF0.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 4
Since it's just faded I'm not replacing it but I really like the looks of the earlier grey top Husqys. I think if I were to do anything to make it shiny looking, it would be to have it dipped a dark grey or maybe carbon fiber pattern and put silver lettering on the cover. Either way, it would be a better runner than a looker.....

Since I wanted it to mount on an Alaskan mill, it being a low top is my only regret. No big deal really, convertion is no problem.

Since it's just faded I'm not replacing it but I really like the looks of the earlier grey top Husqys. I think if I were to do anything to make it shiny looking, it would be to have it dipped a dark grey or maybe carbon fiber pattern and put silver lettering on the cover. Either way, it would be a better runner than a looker.....
Those saws were the 44, 50, 61. With dark grey Tops.

Back