Mystery Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I’m not gonna pay $200 for but I can probably talk him down. My thoughts are just needs a carb rebuild due to varnish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those had the "notorious" HDA-199s that seem to send many running for the hills. When they're set up correctly they're a great carb.

Those had the "notorious" HDA-199s that seem to send many running for the hills. When they're set up correctly they're a great carb.

Those carbs usually works very well, and can be "fixed" if they act up. They are larger and better than the later Zama replacements.

How to fix them has been described on here, and the info should be possible to find trough a search (if necessary).

Those carbs usually works very well, and can be "fixed" if they act up. They are larger and better than the later Zama replacements.

How to fix them has been described on here, and the info should be possible to find trough a search (if necessary).
Indeed. And there's this YouTube video some monkey did.

It's 99 percent a 359.
First most obvious thing is the labels on the cover, 346/353 are placed front to back, 357/359 are side by side. Also the straight across muffler screws/bracket. Felling sight is interrupted in the middle by the 'H' logo on 346's.
Then there's a little circle cast into the fin in front of the decomp, 357's don't have that.

<Edit> Looked at that circle on the cylinder fin again, now not so sure that's what it is.
The one on the 359 would be higher up, more likely just a reflection I'm seeing here. So maybe a 357...

There's endless reasons why it's not a 455...

It's 99 percent a 359.
First most obvious thing is the labels on the cover, 346/353 are placed front to back, 357/359 are side by side. Also the straight across muffler screws/bracket. Felling sight is interrupted in the middle by the 'H' logo on 346's.
Then there's a little circle cast into the fin in front of the decomp, 357's don't have that.

<Edit> Looked at that circle on the cylinder fin again, now not so sure that's what it is.
The one on the 359 would be higher up, more likely just a reflection I'm seeing here. So maybe a 357...

There's endless reasons why it's not a 455...
Definitely not 50ccs, definitely not plastic chassis...

Like the others have stated def not a rancher series, the bar is a homeowner bar but the saw is not. Full metal wrap is a dead give away and the side mounted decomp.
Just my two cents

Like the others have stated def not a rancher series, the bar is a homeowner bar but the saw is not. Full metal wrap is a dead give away and the side mounted decomp.
Just my two cents

That’s what I was thinking too just trying to have an idea of what I’m bidding on

Hehe something goooooood is what ur bidding on :D

f29ecaa8456bef8681a8158a5c2f6757.png

This is the post now if I could only get him to respond we’d be golden

I think you have no choice but to buy it now..

we need to know what it is and if you get a new saw or new (but used to work) saw :D

Latest posts

Back