What's your firewood truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Ford is very similar to mine. Same color, same mirrors, same hubcaps even. Mine's a '90 4x2 with a 5 speed and the 300 6. How's yours set up? Mine has been a great truck for me for the last 7 years. With the tires at 80 and good side boards mine will handle a full cord of white oak. It's not in quite as good shape as yours, but compared to the rest of the trucks of that era around here it's pretty sharp. I bought mine in Washington so it's not very rusty.

I need to sell mine though. I brought this one home a few weeks ago. Hasn't hauled any wood for me yet, but I think it's up to the task. :)rps20180625_220458_815.jpg

It's an 88 F-250 5 speed stick, 460 engine 4x4 I bought it new in 89.

That's awesome. No wonder it's so clean. When I bought mine I wanted a 3/4 ton gasser that guy decent mileage. It did pretty good at that. I would get upper teens pretty easily on the highway and did record 20.5 one time. I put a lot of miles on it when I lived it west and I was driving back for maple syrup season every year. But since I moved back to Wisconsin full time I have been wishing it was a 4x4 with a little more HP. I pull that equipment trailer with my tractor on it a half dozen times a year and that 6 cylinder just can't keep up with traffic. Plus, getting stuck all the time with the open diff was getting old.

20180316_184210.jpg Just an old Ford with 302 auto and the custom PA winter roads weight reduction package. I know there's a good load on it when it scrapes the hitch pulling in the driveway.

Back