Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CC5BCFF6-77A4-4324-BB4F-2C534AAABF89.jpeg Couple fish from our boys annual fishing trip. Pike and walleye and a few smallmouth bass were the mix.FFEBD8B7-8D1F-4FE9-8BAF-86680C2D572D.jpeg 7B59E2DA-3AF5-4BFF-A9CF-C8B5E7302A66.jpeg Total fire ban in the area due to an exceedingly dry year this is smoke from one of the fires. We were camped 60 kilometers from the closest fire and smoke was visible when the wind blew in! It was a shame because there was a big pile of Free firewood at our camp!426DCAF1-D017-4FB5-91A8-0C5546451413.jpeg

Well I'm not sure who to blame, the website i ordered from (who btw have charged me and had my money since 6th June) or Makita who are being stunning slow. reading arbtalk (uk and boring version of this site) people that returned saws for repair are still waiting on their return .... I'm seriously considering the husqvarna 365 x torque, its £565 with a 20" bar. so £15 more for a horse power less saw, but in stock and my local dealer has it, rather than this annoying far off website.

Well I'm not sure who to blame, the website i ordered from (who btw have charged me and had my money since 6th June) or Makita who are being stunning slow. reading arbtalk (uk and bring version of this sight) people that returned saws for repair are still waiting on their return .... I'm seriously considering the husqvarna 365 x torque, its £565 with a 20" bar. so £15 more for a horse power less saw, but in stock and my local dealer has it, rather than this annoying far off website.
How much for an American (dealer or AS friend) to mail to you?

365 is a great saw but a lot less power than the 7900

Less than one hp difference which you won’t notice unless you have a 28” bar buried in hardwood. Even then the Husqvarna will do the job. You will just have to wait that extra 3 seconds per cut. 365xt is a great saw, I had one and loved it. For a guy heating his house in the city and cutting in his yard, any number of 50ccclass saws would suffice.

postage on saw across te pond....i may as well reach deeper and get that ms461 basically.

It is annoying....I know the makita is a heck of a deal. However the slow slow slow way they are dealing with this recall ( a problem that apparently UK makita dealers had known of and fed back to makita over a year ago) and the fact that there are very few makita dealers, any problems will be a PITA to rectify, and this on going delay.
vs
the husky...a very good saw but somehow will feel a disappointment after the makita....but from my local dealer 15-20 mins away. rather annoying but IF id ordered back in June they had a deal on husky saws of 4 free chains. ....I've emailed my local dealer to see if I can get them to do the saw with that deal for me.

I have to disagree on not noticing the power difference.
Not if he’s never run a 7900! Lol. Actually neither have I. I have run a husky 390 and then run my ms460 which I figure is a similar difference. Biggest wood was 18” elm that day and if there was a difference, I couldn’t feel it.

While a husky is not really my cup of tea the 365 is a breadwinner , if it doesn't have enough power get a 372 p/c and instant upgrade but 65cc to 72cc is close .
16" and down it will be more than plenty of saw and if you have a good dealer to support your habit , well ,,, you decide lol

Hey Neil , you guys set a heat record yet ?

Is the 372 not available? That’s well over halfway up to the 7900 in power difference from the 365.

Is this the 70 cc 365? You could fix the transfers (very easy) and have a 372. Muff mod and timing advance and now you are probably outcutting the 7900. Although if you are cutting in urban areas perhaps a muff mod isn’t a good idea?

The CastIron Pirates were by today , asked if I was interest , sure I sez ...

814656a6458a9e519bf1918f388789a3.jpg

68c9c0af6e2a2be2668cf107e718cfd2.jpg

It's a coal fired water heater , in nice shape with a perfect looking water jacket so for 30 Cnd Kopeks , it stayed behind lol
Now , to wait for a vessel that will hold water and make a wood fired hot tub :)

It is a 70cc saw. The transfer baffle is the only difference. I read up on all of that when I first got my 365xt. It cut so strong that I never messed with it. I had an 18” bar which it pulled with authority. I really liked that saw. Only reason I got rid of it was I got a crazy deal on the Stihl 460 and I felt it would have a better resale so I kept it.

Back