550XP rental.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was in the local hardware store in my little town and much to my surprise they had a 550xp rental saw. I come across rental saws from time to time, nothing too interesting.

To get my very obvious bias out of the way I've never owned a single Hooskie. Never ran a 550xp, and if I was to buy a Husqvarna it wouldn't be that one. I know I know, your brothers mailman knows a guy who has had zero issues. :)

I own a fair number of saws. My mind won't be blown like Homeowner Joe down the street running his first 'pro' saw.

But to be fair, these saws do look like rippers and I'm not going to lie I am a bit intrigued.

Plus when it won't restart I can say I told you so and go polish my beloved 026. :)

If you’ve never ran it can I ask why you have such a strong opinion on it?

The only saw own right now is my husky but I am absolutely not partial to any brand or color.

I’ll run whatever works well ( to my expectations) and has available parts in my area that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the local hardware store in my little town and much to my surprise they had a 550xp rental saw. I come across rental saws from time to time, nothing too interesting.

To get my very obvious bias out of the way I've never owned a single Hooskie. Never ran a 550xp, and if I was to buy a Husqvarna it wouldn't be that one. I know I know, your brothers mailman knows a guy who has had zero issues. :)

I own a fair number of saws. My mind won't be blown like Homeowner Joe down the street running his first 'pro' saw.

But to be fair, these saws do look like rippers and I'm not going to lie I am a bit intrigued.

Plus when it won't restart I can say I told you so and go polish my beloved 026. :)
Your a tool lol

The only saw own right now is my husky but I am absolutely not partial to any brand or color.

I’ll run whatever works well ( to my expectations) and has available parts in my area that’s it.

Certain comments were trolling. I don't own a Husqvarna and if I did it would be a 372 but I don't actually care what people cut wood with. You'd be hard pressed to find me in the Husqvarna vs Stihl pissing matches.

I am considering renting it but $35 for 4 hours and $55 for a day seems like a lot just to satisfy my curiosity.

Considering the price of that saws retail and how a lot of people treat/use saws...i don’t think they are asking to much for as rental price.

JMO though.

To each his own.

Considering the price of that saws retail and how a lot of people treat/use saws...i don’t think they are asking to much for as rental price.

JMO though.

To each his own.

You're probably right. I never look at the price as I'm never interested in the saws but that's probably about going rate.

We were renting a chipper at a place last year and a guy shows up in formal clothing to rent a chainsaw, had some small tree down on his property, asks about the fuel, guy working the desk says "it's a 50/50 mixture"

Home owner I'm sure had never ran a saw and needed at least a once over and the clerk would not spend a second on him, as they primarily do chippers, tractors, lifts, skidsteers, big ticket items, and maybe he didn't know himself, I don't know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Every singe person I know that has one (550xp)and or has run one loves it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't get the blind brand loyalty or hate

Back