Biomass / wood chip diposal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to look for paper mills and manufacturing facilities who need steam to run a plant. You may have to provide samples of your products as many don't take leaves and pine needles in with the wood chips. There may also be a criteria for moisture as well.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

x2 on paper mills. For years we would load 53’ dry vans and I would haul them to two different paper mills that used wood chip fired boilers. The stock piles were so large a d6 ran nearly every day shoving the loads off the tippers. Unfortunately these two big mills only took in loads by the semi far as i could tell.

I’d call International Paper, although I see they are slated to close sometime in the near future just like all our local mills have around here :(

Or farmers that use it for composting. There's also been a surge in science where scientists are using chips and sawdust in septic systems, using the chips in the leaching areas to absorb nitrogen as a byproduct. Could be a big industry where septic systems are used or even sewer treatment plants.

Horse people seem to want it. Lots of them come by asking for "wood chips".. I laugh cause i picture tater chips made out of wood.

x2 on paper mills. For years we would load 53’ dry vans and I would haul them to two different paper mills that used wood chip fired boilers. The stock piles were so large a d6 ran nearly every day shoving the loads off the tippers. Unfortunately these two big mills only took in loads by the semi far as i could tell.

I’d call International Paper, although I see they are slated to close sometime in the near future just like all our local mills have around here :(

I tried to call International Paper, however, they were bought out in January. I have tried to contact them using the "contact us" link on the website, with no response... any other ideas?

Back