Antique tractor thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the last one I restored. Not really an antique, but still had several birthdays. Sandblasted all the sheetmetal and recoated with epoxy primer and single stage polyurethane. Working on a MF 135
orchard now.

Beautiful work. Excellent attention to detail.
IMG_2253.JPG

That's a 2008 with 250 hours I drug home. It burnt down in a barn fire. The guy I bought it from had cleaned it up and put the wrong color back on so I blasted all the panels and like you shot a good epoxy primer followed up with a base coat clear coat.

Getting close to finishing up. Got a parts list a mile long in it. Lol
IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

Beautiful work. Excellent attention to detail.
View attachment 606948
That's a 2008 with 250 hours I drug home. It burnt down in a barn fire. The guy I bought it from had cleaned it up and put the wrong color back on so I blasted all the panels and like you shot a good epoxy primer followed up with a base coat clear coat.

Getting close to finishing up. Got a parts list a mile long in it. Lol
View attachment 606949
View attachment 606950
Why do people paint tractors the wrong color? It just kills me to see the wrong color on a Massey. I can't count all the times I've seen these with the old Ferguson Grey where it's supposed to be Flint Grey Metallic or ones like my 253 painted Flint Grey, instead of Charcoal Grey.
Nice work on your machine btw, it didn't look that good when it was new. That's a good looking backhoe too!

Does anybody know where i could find an old G or even an A John deere running or not cheap as possible

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Does anybody know where i could find an old G or even an A John deere running or not cheap as possible

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My brother has an A that he will sell, don't know what shape it's in, but looks good. Looks like about 200 miles due east of you.

I know it's not super old but here's a 1976 white 1370 I picked up this fall. Pretty cool tractor. Somebody did a partial restoration on it, I need to replace the hydraulic pump as it's a bit weak. Got a steal of a deal on it.
d92e7eec7d76d06e8d68fa423627ea01.jpg
13a0b77cb0604349828cad8019ea40f8.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Need a little more blue on this thread, 55 Fordson major, just did a total rebuild on the engine and put her back to work, that is not my place but just where I bought it.View attachment 648995

Beautiful picture, I spent many hours on one back in the 60's chopping corn with a 1 row chopper for the bunker.

Note, I notice that the seat is not original.

Nice 8N, that is what I was originally looking for when my major came along at a price I couldn't resist, ran good for a year but one of the sleeves got a hole in it from electrolysis from lack of protective coolant during it's long life so thought while I got it tore down might as well replace all sleeves - pistons etc, Runs great and should be good for a long time .

Nice 8N, that is what I was originally looking for when my major came along at a price I couldn't resist, ran good for a year but one of the sleeves got a hole in it from electrolysis from lack of protective coolant during it's long life so thought while I got it tore down might as well replace all sleeves - pistons etc, Runs great and should be good for a long time .
I moved to chainsaws, cuz everything on cars, trucks, AND tractors are HEAVY. So now I fix saws and buck logs.. It's only cord wood, but heavy nevertheless.. I zoomed in on my pic.. That looks like the day after the night before..and could be.. Those old motors do last a long time, and rebuild able. Like my old MACs.

Went to start it this spring and nothing. Latest survey says coil, so have one on order. Guess Ford made a million 8N tractors. Yupper, that's me on it last year.. Only pic I haveView attachment 650542
Update,,,, got a coil on line but in the mean time I found one at a farm store here in town.. Had one hanging on a peg, so I blew the dust off and bought it also.. I now have a backup.. And that was the problem.. Started it up and off to work I go.. With the old 8n it's off like a turd of hurdles.

I’m fabricating a front end loader and backhoe for one of my int145’s. I have the front subframe and lifting arms about done. I need to fab the rear subframe and the quick hitch for the backhoe.

I did it again, 1940 Case model D, was running up to a couple of years ago, magnito packed it in, on the rear tire is a replacement one, owner has about 7 other tractors and also runs a large dairy farm, said to me how grateful he was that I bought it to restore and not just get broken down for parts, amazing shape it's in, all there and original, My Fordson Major is being sold to a guy who is starting a small farm so call it empty nest syndrome
1940 case.JPG 1940 case D.JPG

Found out it is not a 1940 , by there serial numbers it's a 1952 D, been going over it before I attempt to start it, might as well fix everything I know will be a problem in the future, all the oil areas have been cleaned and refilled, rad holds water and is in good shape..( drain it later after she runs for a while and add anti-freeze- Gas tank and carb today, and hopefully tomorrow she will be able to be fired up, before letting her start I will turn her over with the starter to make sure I am developing oil pressure, all sound optimistic, - we will deal with whatever if we need to.

Latest posts

Back