Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman ben

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all, So I run a 461 magnum arctic saw, about 8 hours a day for 14+ day hitches and the vibration really gets to me, hands / arms get all numb and tingly, tried anti vibration gloves but they are so thick and just not ideal. I've seen after market bushings on jackssmallengines but don't know if thats just stock replacement or if that would even help, would be great to just have springs. has anybody tried to mod the anti vibration system on the 461? different bushings, installed springs? anything? contemplating switching to husky for that reason alone haha might be worth it.

I thought the 461 was a pretty smooth saw but then again I wasn't running one for 8hrs a day making a living with it. If you are sensitive to vibes, husky 3 or 5 series is definitely the way to go.

I could have been the OP, Stihl 461 here as well. Painfull hands for months. Turned out I was vitamin B12 deficient. The nerve damage may be permanent, but the fix is as easy as taking B12 vitamins. Ask your doctor to run a B12 test for you.

Never heard that the Huskys run smoother... that's news to me - but me and Stihls go way back.

I could have been the OP, Stihl 461 here as well. Painfull hands for months. Turned out I was vitamin B12 deficient. The nerve damage may be permanent, but the fix is as easy as taking B12 vitamins. Ask your doctor to run a B12 test for you.

Never heard that the Huskys run smoother... that's news to me - but me and Stihls go way back.

Interesting i may look into that.
Cheers

I swear my 372’s and 390’s were a lot less harmonic in my hands than my partners 660 was. I’ve got a literal piece of 5” steel and screws in my right fore arm and hand so the vibrations are more apparent to me than most guys.

Back