What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight was some London Broil. It was pretty darn good.
1c9c859221855a9560d46e22a47523b8.jpg
4bb2a7be56f622a1a62a4373fc028516.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I purchased some farmers uncured no chemicals pork hotdogs. Burn them a tad and put them on a potato roll. Yummy.

Last night we had italian fried chicken with olive oil, vinegar and salt pork, with rosemary, garlic, black pepper.

What was used for seasoning besides black pepper?

I mixed up some Lee & Parrins with A1 and some brown sugar. Marinated a couple hrs. Then sprinkled salt and pepper and hit the grill. Grill temp was about 400 and cooked for 8 min per side.

A couple gift wrapped TriTips. Smoked for 3 hrs at 180° then wrapped in pink butcher paper, turned up to 225°, pulled off at 136° IT then let rest wrapped for 1 1/2 hrs before cutting.
2cfdea38d717f9a1ec4978665bc785e6.jpg
50841858d5ca309a4c8aa9e0fde081ea.jpg

Outstanding!!

Tonight it was the charcoal hardwood fire with bone in rib eye steak. I had lost my taste for steak for the past few years. Trying rib eye renewed my taste for steak. It's affordable at your local market too. I mail ordered some bone in rib eye for $11.00 per .625 lb. per steak Grass fed. Had the grill lit super hot so they had bark. Medium on the inside, bark on the outside. Some home grown green beans and baked potato with aldenti fried portabella mushrooms.

Tonight it was the charcoal hardwood fire with bone in rib eye steak. I had lost my taste for steak for the past few years. Trying rib eye renewed my taste for steak. It's affordable at your local market too. I mail ordered some bone in rib eye for $11.00 per .625 lb. per steak Grass fed. Had the grill lit super hot so they had bark. Medium on the inside, bark on the outside. Some home grown green beans and baked potato with aldenti fried portabella mushrooms.

For $17.60lb, I assume you bought prime?
How was the marbling in the grass fed beef?

It wasn't bad better than I thought it would be. I looked at cowboy cut rib eye steaks but the prices go out of sight. The hotter fire seared the outside. The inside was med rare.

What's going on the grills and smokers over the holiday weekend? I put some ribs and a shoulder in brine last night they will be going under the smoke Saturday. Plan on doing a couple chickens then on Sunday.

Back