Looking for feedback on a Carlton 4400 stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinandSons'stumps

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on a Carlton 4400 Stump grinder with 968 hours on it. Has the Duetz 44hp engine one it. The are asking 16,900 I am looking at upgrading from a Vermeer 630B and i am looking for experiences or thoughts. Fairly new to the forum and i appreciate any feedback!

The price of the grinder seems high depending upon the year. The 44hp Deutz is a very good engine however, you must keep the air filters clean. I've been around them for 15 years. I would check the poly chain sprockets and poly chain belt as there is a lot of money there. Remove the belt guard and make sure the sprockets teeth are flat on top. If not, they need replacing as they will cut the belt. I would also check the jack shaft and cutter wheel bearings. While you have the poly belt guard off, grab the top and bottom sprocket and see if you have any play from top to bottom and side to side. If you do, those need replacing as well.

If you purchase the machine, I can help you with parts.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Latest posts

Back