Old veteran requests supervision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anything running on the ac? Fan motor or compressor? watch those capicitor’s. They will knock you on your azz

Got a bit more done today, again in 90+ degree temps. Finished with the "scaffolding" (2 sheets of 5/8" plywood plus an 8' 2 x 8) between the shop and trailer roofs, so moved the plywood over to help shade the trailer. It's about 10 degrees hotter in the trailer now that the foliage has disappeared. Once I have the rest of the tree down, so I can take one run at getting rid of the debris, I'll address some kind of shade. Tried to troubleshoot the ancient rooftop RV air conditioner; it's getting power, but won't start; possibly/hopefully just a capacitor.

Friday I picked up the last quart of bar oil they had at my local hardware store. Today I got the last gallon at Advance Auto Parts. Sharpened and re-tensioned the chain. The saw has begun making new noises since I've started burying the bar in the thick part of the tree, especially when cutting with the grain--it doesn't like that and long fibers try to build up between the bar and chain.--it only needs to last awhile longer. :) I've been feeling it too, got a kink in my neck that won't go away.

Just heard a vehicle pull up outside. It was a guy picking out the really small firewood! I assured him it was good wood for burning and that he could have all he wanted. :) Wound up speaking with him for the longest time--got into some deep conversation that was so enjoyable. Funny how that works sometimes.

You bout whipped her, man wally world has cheap lil 8000 btu ac window units that will cool that nicely "just sayin"

Nothing runs on that ancient a/c. Wouldn't that be something if a capacitor got me after avoiding the dangers of taking down the tree?!!! A window a/c is out because I want to be able to tow the trailer. Once the tree project is finished I'll try to get the original unit working if possible, to help until I can get some kind of shade put up.

Nothing runs on that ancient a/c. Wouldn't that be something if a capacitor got me after avoiding the dangers of taking down the tree?!!! A window a/c is out because I want to be able to tow the trailer. Once the tree project is finished I'll try to get the original unit working if possible, to help until I can get some kind of shade put up.

Couldn't you pull the window unit if you wanted to tow the trailer? Repairs on an old custom unit can be very pricey.

Thanks fellas. Out of desperation from the overheated trailer interior I did that small amount of troubleshooting on the a/c, just to see if I could make it more livable, but I'll likely focus on getting the rest of the tree down before I go any further with the a/c repair possibilities. Maybe it is just old junk after all. I have a 20" box fan running full bore during most of the day, which makes the inside temp bearable. I loved that tree! That's why I waited so long to take it down.

See if there is en electrical schematic on one of the covers and take a picture of it. Or get a model number of the a/c unit

Haven't had the shroud off the rooftop unit, but there's no diagram on the inside of the interior portion. It just says: "Duo-Therm". Trailer is a 1967 model.

Sometimes spraying the top of a trailer with the garden hose will cool it down a tad

Got a little more done today. Temps over 90 degrees again.

Would like to mention how well the safety glasses have been working. Misplaced a pair and discovered them underfoot. So ordered a couple pairs of exact duplicates. Bomber H-Bomb H101AF (anti-fog) clear @ $7.95 ea. Great product--great service.
https://bomberathletes.com/product/h-bomb-15/
p-4319-H_B_H101_ClrSfty_717ef125-d70f-44ac-a17e-d007501459e0.jpg

Would like to mention how well the safety glasses have been working.
Wrap around safety glasses are the thing, when running saws.

Even better, I get 'em with bifocals built in from my local hardware store. Ever since turning 50, my close-up vision is poor without glasses. So when tuning a saw, sharpening, any close work at all I don't have to ditch safety glasses and go find my regular lenses in the pickup. They're a few bucks higher in price, but the convenience is priceless. Clear or tinted sunglasses.

Thanks. As soon as I take off the external shroud I'll post my findings.
take your time. I know you said it was in the 90’s
I tried googling duo therm. But they were all newer. It’s 120 volt house current?

Got a little more done today. Temps over 90 degrees again.

Would like to mention how well the safety glasses have been working. Misplaced a pair and discovered them underfoot. So ordered a couple pairs of exact duplicates. Bomber H-Bomb H101AF (anti-fog) clear @ $7.95 ea. Great product--great service.
https://bomberathletes.com/product/h-bomb-15/
p-4319-H_B_H101_ClrSfty_717ef125-d70f-44ac-a17e-d007501459e0.jpg

This is my favorite show, love the tenacity,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back