54" circular...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sawmill blade?Screenshot_20180820-152410.pngor will I make the winning bid for the 30" set up? Or is it possible that I have a higher monetary interest in these to get both?Screenshot_20180820-152937.png Some time in the afternoon of September 3 I will know if I had figured a way to get the rig into the van or if I was by necessity restricted to just the one blade? Let y'all know next month

Sawmill blade?View attachment 669988or will I make the winning bid for the 30" set up? Or is it possible that I have a higher monetary interest in these to get both?View attachment 669989 Some time in the afternoon of September 3 I will know if I had figured a way to get the rig into the van or if I was by necessity restricted to just the one blade? Let y'all know next month
Good luck Tony! If I were closer, I'd offer to haul it for you.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Good luck Tony! If I were closer, I'd offer to haul it for you.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
If Vern is there he wood prolly be willing to give it a lift to my place. But the old gent may have slowed down to the point where he isn't making money buying scrap and selling materials sorted out of the scrap which he also made money on! I have a 18v cutoff wheel/grinder with extra batteries and 20+wheels to reduce the overall if needed to fit into the van. One of those things that I wood like to try since there are decorators who are willing to spend stupid money for a "look". Boards which have the circular cut look as if they were fifty or seventy years old. Branson buildings come to mind as an example.
Twoclones was trying at one time to find a way of leaving that specific impression on boards or slabs for the specialty market. But then he also CS carves with ms-880 or ms-660's on larger rough ins

The thing with those OLD saws, is they are sharpened on the blade, they aren't like a modern (last ~50 years) saw that uses inserts. (IE the blade wears out) I sure wouldn't chuck on an antique blade from the tweeds on a mill and run it... if you c

still make solid blades, if there are any cracks in the gullets it is junk. if it is Dished again junk, although sometimes that is correctable same for wobble which indicates it needs re-tensioning -for a specific speed. About $$2.00 /inch cost wise + any shipping ( shipping will eat you alive)

Back