Caught a would be thief in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, I'm 54...lol....one more year til I get my five finger senior discount....I can count the number of people I have come by to pickup, I just don't like waiting on them, they always have some odd amount they want ( I always sell by 1/2 cord or full cord) and it messes up my flow delivering.

I go out there and say "can I help you" he replies "I just need a few pieces" I didn't think you would mind.
I said, I told you I was out and you just decided to help yourself and steal it? He puts the wood back and said, I didn't think you would mind if I took a few pieces.

Firstly, you have so much wood that you couldn't possibly miss it, and secondly, as I said, I only needed a few pieces...

Firstly, you have so much wood that you couldn't possibly miss it, and secondly, as I said, I only needed a few pieces...

He called wanting pecan and I said I was out of dry pecan and he just hung up and didn't ask if I had something else. I would have gladly sold him something else like post oak, red oak mesquite if he didn't try to steal from me. After I caught him he asked for something else and I told him no I don't reward bad behavior and I told not to come back.

My phone rings and someone says there in my driveway looking to pick up some pecan wood. I tell them I'm out of pecan and they say ok thanks. Then they drive to the back where my wood is stored and the guy gets out and grabs several "green" splits and starts to put it in his truck. I'm looking right at him out of my window. I go out there and say "can I help you" he replies "I just need a few pieces" I didn't think you would mind.
I said, I told you I was out and you just decided to help yourself and steal it? He puts the wood back and said, I didn't think you would mind if I took a few pieces.
Excuse me! I tell you I'm out so you trespass and try to steal from me anyway? I told him he'd best leave now before he regrets what he was about to do. I told him he was about to have a very bad day thinking he could just steal from me.
Then I pointed out the security camera that was pointed right at him and said '' you step foot on my property and I will know it" Then I told him not to come back, I'm not selling "any" wood to a would be thief.
He was an older guy, about in his fifty's. The nerve of some people.
id tell him ever com back and try to steel or trespass im giving the viedo to the police

if he come back be ware he might com back when your not home
thats what some one did to me
and steeled a truck load of wood

Back