Stihl Dealers -- *** Good Grief ***

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are trees that big in Montana? My buddy logged there in the 80s, they did most with a shear on a 55o crawler/loader. It I think did 20" max. Lodgepole pine.

Around here, most saws come in with a 16-20" bar. I run 24" on most of my saws, but it's not often I really need that much bar (just nice to not have to bend down)

I don't know about your TSC, but ours is full of teenagers and older women. They may be knowledgeable, but not about anything O P E related.
I was walking into my TSC and saw a log splitter on sale. I walked in and went to the first salesperson I saw and it was an older woman. Told her I wanted to buy the log splitter. She told me okay and that she had one in the back that never sat outside and I can have that one. Saved almost $400 on a log splitter that day. I walked into a another TSC one time and went to the clearance rack and there sat a little baby J red saw that had been returned because whoever bought it couldn't get it started. I ask the older guy how much? 100 bucks.:)

I went to an authorized Husqvarna dealer 7 or 8 years ago. At that time the 550 xp hadn't been introduced in Canada but was being sold in the USA. I asked 'when is the 550 going to be available here in Canada?'
I was told no such saw existed. I replied 'I beg to differ'. Then was told in a very impolite manor, 'I am an authorized Husqvarna dealer, I would know'.

The last time I looked up the Specs it was Castrol or one of the subsidy companys

Thanks Al!

Always looking for such info, helps me dig into the real details instead of people just yelling "Use this, it's the best!".
Been planning to spend some proper research time on this for quite a while now after just buying the Ultra because 'it works'.

Back