New huztl Husqvarna 372 engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the new huztl 372 engine into a orginal Husqvarna 372 x torq chainsaw? Does it fit and work?

Has anyone installed the new huztl 372 engine into a orginal Husqvarna 372 x torq chainsaw? Does it fit and work?
The huztl isn't an xtorq, so unless it's complete back to the carb and filter holder, you'd need those parts as well

You can turn the boot or use a 390 boot to straighten it out
I know
Used one of the dozens i had onhand.
Instead of ordering a 390 boot.
100.00 saw plus 20.00 ft kit
And a old carb
Not bad for a 372 used a ft popup 268 piston.
Runs great.
The xt carb and intake is going on one of my zoo city 372s

Do you mean the OEM p & c kits or the complete crankcase?
I can answer some that
The oem cylinder kits have dropped
A lot in price recently.
I bought 2 50mm 372 kits
The double ring is all that was available
For 150.00 shipped each
I've seen them cheaper.
The xpw were about the same price.
Doesn't bother me using am
Usually fixing scrap pile saws anyway.
I use oem in customer's saws if they want.
They usually go am
After they see the price difference lol

I installed the hutzl complete engine in my brothers 372 non xtork and it lasted about a year before the playing on the cylinder came off. The moral of the story is that you get what you pay for. It is an inexpensive way to get a basket case running, but not a long term cure for a hard working saw.

Thanks guys I guess I won't be trying to use there new huztl 372 engine. I wonder if the 372 u build kit probably isn't any better quality wise too.

I’m going to use a metor kit on a burned up 372 xp... or I guess I can check on e bay for oem kits. Some are around the meteor price

Back