My New Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 7900 is almost ten years old, still spankin them other toys. 32" bar and a 24"bar. I see from you pics that the design has change a bit from mine.

Nice Saw!

I do know where you can get a reasonably priced brand new full wrap handle for that, if you would like.;)

I used to get headaches pretty bad when limbing Hemlock trees with no breeze blowing.

Switched to Stihl Ultra and no more headaches.

Being a Dolmar junkie (2-7900,2-6400, 112, had a 116si for long time ) I do not see the problem. in 18 years of the 7900 one base gasket problem, 6400 (that i got used ) was over heated and required a new oil pump. saws are used often and hard.

Yeah, I'd like to know what happened to junk the saw. There's nothing on it that can't be replaced, and 8 years before something goes wrong isn't bad. Depending on how much it's used, and or abused, that may be awesome. Anyway, they are a bit hefty (but then again, so am I), but really smooth, have good power, quality is on par with Stihl and Husky, and I really like the way they're engineered. I think they're easy to work on and clean. I'm happy with mine.

Back