Old trusty, the if you could have only one saw thread, the reply after 6 or 8 years of having only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I always said id keep the 026 and that happend. I had lots of 044s 440s a 046 a few 66s a 084 372 365 310 290 045s 56s and im sure more.

This one stayed i robbed parts of her she never got to wear a consistent bar her good chaincase went to a 440 i sold that this one came off

Been old reliable camping clearing down trees out of the trail saw. Shes cut trees i wasnt sure shed reach from both sides.

Shes survived me and ive not been nice. Still runs amazing and gets complements every where we go. Guys are like what is that it cuts good ;) its just a small saw.
Keep her sharp fuel and oil in her and beat on her kind of saw 20180304_084530.jpg 20180304_085150.jpg 20180304_084904.jpg
I love the tattered sleeper look. People think nothing of her looks then she fires up and flies threw wood throwing huge chips. Man what is that they say

Unless I’m doing charity cutting I rarely need more than a 20” bar. I use my 550 extensively and am complementing it with a 345 converted to 346. I sold my 2186 recently and am contemplating selling my 562.

Give me two 50 cc saws and a small sub 40 cc saw for trail work. And maybe a piece of old iron to pull a long bar occasionally.

Oh sorry you asked for one. 550XP

My little ryobi ry10532/redmax has been my go to saw for 12 years. Its seen plenty of abuse, love, and, anger but had always been the first saw I grabbed until recently since it needs some work. Its my first saw and its a fun saw to run.

Well, I haven't had it for a number of years like the rest of you, but I can already tell after a year of ownership that it's going to be a keeper. Im talking about my MS261 C-M. I ran her for two weeks, non-stop after Harvey blew through and she's made an excellent firewood and general cleanup saw around the property. I have both 16" and 20" bars for it, but I prefer the 20" which it runs quite well. I am adding a 70cc saw this week to my collection, but I foresee the 261 being my go-to for the majority of my needs. Hopefully I can report back here in another 5-7 years with the same admiration.

Jonny 590 (both of them. They are old and very few parts available). Damn! that's two saws! I guess we'll call one of them a parts saw. Which one? Hmmmmm

Unless I ended up in a place with bigger wood. Then I would choose one of my 60cc saws, and I don't know which one. Or I'd sell them all and get a 372xp. Done.

I always said id keep the 026 and that happend. I had lots of 044s 440s a 046 a few 66s a 084 372 365 310 290 045s 56s and im sure more.

This one stayed i robbed parts of her she never got to wear a consistent bar her good chaincase went to a 440 i sold that this one came off

Been old reliable camping clearing down trees out of the trail saw. Shes cut trees i wasnt sure shed reach from both sides.

Shes survived me and ive not been nice. Still runs amazing and gets complements every where we go. Guys are like what is that it cuts good ;) its just a small saw.
Keep her sharp fuel and oil in her and beat on her kind of saw View attachment 637207 View attachment 637208 View attachment 637209
I love the tattered sleeper look. People think nothing of her looks then she fires up and flies threw wood throwing huge chips. Man what is that they say

That must be a loud little mofo?

Tough call for me. My saws are almost all rebuilt with NOS OEM parts by me. I'd lean towards a 036, but my 028 Super is a reliable little tank, and my 038S to 038M conversions are a bigger reliable tank. The 036 is as light as the 028 and more powerful, the 038M shines in bigger wood but a bit heavy. The 028 starts up quicker than any after sitting

Hmmmmmm........? I guess it would depend on the wood. The 036 or the 038. The 036 will do 90% of my cutting, but won't handle big stuff as good as the 038. I think the 028 and 038 are built to last better than what has replaced them (sorry 026 and 044 fans), but they are fatter. I do have a couple of 026 also. I have NOS parts in hand and carcasses for all of the above.

I never get into felling/bucking much where I'd use either the 056M or 066. I use them milling.

Will think about this some more..........and be back. 60cc or 70cc??????

Tough call for me. My saws are almost all rebuilt with NOS OEM parts by me. I'd lean towards a 036, but my 028 Super is a reliable little tank, and my 038S to 038M conversions are a bigger reliable tank. The 036 is as light as the 028 and more powerful, the 038M shines in bigger wood but a bit heavy. The 028 starts up quicker than any after sitting

Hmmmmmm........? I guess it would depend on the wood. The 036 or the 038. The 036 will do 90% of my cutting, but won't handle big stuff as good as the 038. I think the 028 and 038 are built to last better than what has replaced them (sorry 026 and 044 fans), but they are fatter. I do have a couple of 026 also. I have NOS parts in hand and carcasses for all of the above.

I never get into felling/bucking much where I'd use either the 056M or 066. I use them milling.

Will think about this some more..........and be back. 60cc or 70cc??????

Hard call Bro.. I mean if you are trying to keep up with a 346ne with a Stihl saw you might want to go with the 70cc class ;) Bwa ha ha ha ha! (j/k)

Dads Mac 10-10 auto. Been in the family since new in 1971. Its the one saw in the collection I know that I can grab it anytime I need it and it will start and cut no matter how long it's been put up.

My very first go with chainsaws in the late 70’s was a new husky 2100 cd /240 sg these lasted for a decade then I got a new 266se. Then. New 2101 was added. Again decades pasted. Stupid I sold them. My second go around is the new husky 353, 575xp, 385xp. Still have them over a decade now. I missed the 266 so I purchased two used ones. My list has grown.

Somewhere along the path of life I always get bigger trees that no one wants to cut.

Back