Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of the junk pile at a local *** shop. Runs. Negotiations are ongoing. Sometimes it takes months.
emoji6.png

That's not rough, the saw just has a lot of "character"! BTW, don't clean it before negotiations are over. It looks like it has a lot of potential! Good luck! Max.

LIL Red Barn carry them? I've gotten burned on a 3400 piston kit but the rings looked and worked great. Piston is in the scrap pile but I saved the rings.

Steve
I wondered how their parts were anyone ever bought and used poulan 2000 piston kit? Are they not good?

The 3400 piston was supposed to been chrome plated, it wasn't, just polished aluminum. Toasted my cylinder along with the piston.
Steve

That stinks. The two WP bearings probably did not fit correctly either (piston heated up & pressed in).

Knowing the track history & looking at his ads, the LRB 3700 & 4000 piston rings are standard 1/16” thick ones & not the special OEM thin rings. Won’t interchange. The two above model rings’ are not cast iron either, they’re steel.

Too bad Jerry didn’t catch those ten rings on eBay a few months back, I was glad to see that guys 530026003 ring stash.

The 530024756 thin rings for the 3700 will be obsoleted next, need to squirrel away a few pair of those too.

Back