New guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all you need is a starter screw you can take out one of the other ones and take it to a industrial bold supplier like suburban bolt, motorcity fastener, fastenal or similar. Just type in bolt supplier near me on google and i bet there is one in your town somewhere.

If all you need is a starter screw you can take out one of the other ones and take it to a industrial bold supplier like suburban bolt, motorcity fastener, fastenal or similar. Just type in bolt supplier near me on google and i bet there is one in your town somewhere.
As I stated in my first post I already bought an incorrect bolt from a hardware store. The saw deserves an OEM bolt and I’m too particular about this saw to not put one in it

As I stated in my first post I already bought an incorrect bolt from a hardware store. The saw deserves an OEM bolt and I’m too particular about this saw to not put one in it
That is a pretty saw. Would almost hate to take it out. ALMOST!!

That's a nice 262 !
Off topic here for just a second if I may:
Looking at the fine photos I couldn't help but to notice the SST tires on that sweet trailer. Personally, I try not to run SST (special trailer tires) because all they do is throw treads ! So, what I do is run either passenger car tires (yes radials) on my trailers or light-truck tires, because I can run them down to the steel belts before they throw treads. The trailer SST tires I have had Pop on the trailer while sitting in the yard. No kidding. I had one blow on the spare-rack.
Now the guys at the tire stores will tell you that we cannot run radials on a trailer, but for some reason, I have better luck with radials than Trailer-tires. (for over 40-yrs).

Back on subject, I found this Site about 3-years ago while trying to find information on how to block off my Governor on my 2100 CD, because it seemed like the governor was kicking-in too early, and choking the saw just about the time it began pulling real well. I have since played with the tuning, and think I have found a good compromise without blocking the "now-discontinued" governor fitting on the carb.
I rebuilt my first Detroit-Diesel at age 13. It was an .049 airplane engine ( compression-combustion ) with glow-plug starting, just like your Ford Super-Duty !

Wow _ _ _ _ some of you guys have some Big saw collections in your shops ……. finder's keepers. hahaha

Attachments

• Husky 2100 CD [1].JPG
    Husky 2100 CD [1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
Great pics! Looks like a KS cylinder, so I am going to assume it has the HDA87 carb and not the 120 carb. She's a keeper for sure!
Thanks for all the great info on the saw. I had no idea about most of this. I appreciate it!

Thanks for all the great info on the saw. I had no idea about most of this. I appreciate it!
If you look closely on the side of the carburetor, you'll probably see "87" stamped on it. In which case, you'll have a KS cylinder and an 87 carb, which is very sought after! Beautiful saw! I recently picked up a 262XP as well. I can't wait to go use it!

Also, I appreciate your passion on keeping it OEM. That saw will continue to serve you for years!

Latest posts

Back