Looking into buying a Pole Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulerider4Life

Reaction score
Hi looking at buying an entry level Pole Saw,

I have always used Sthil products in the past and am looking at this Pole Saw to be used 4 or 5 times during the year. https://cantrellhardware.stihldeale...owner-pole-pruners/ht56ce/#specifications_tab
I have seen many great reviews on it, as well as the Sthil warranty. Yes I know its Sthil's Homeowner grade, but I don't think I could beat the price. If I was to get an 12 inch saw it would probably be a Husky or Echo. Thoughts? I really only plan to use this for light pine tree trimming for shooting lanes around a deer camp. So I dont feel like I need a commercial saw. Thanks!

I have an Efco pole saw, and it's non-extendable, but I love it! I don't use mine but about 5-6 times a year, and it is a great little polesaw.

My uncle has an efco and it's alright. Runs a little rough and hard to start. Mainly just trying to get something different.

Hi looking at buying an entry level Pole Saw,

I have always used Sthil products in the past and am looking at this Pole Saw to be used 4 or 5 times during the year. https://cantrellhardware.stihldeale...owner-pole-pruners/ht56ce/#specifications_tab
I have seen many great reviews on it, as well as the Sthil warranty. Yes I know its Sthil's Homeowner grade, but I don't think I could beat the price. If I was to get an 12 inch saw it would probably be a Husky or Echo. Thoughts? I really only plan to use this for light pine tree trimming for shooting lanes around a deer camp. So I dont feel like I need a commercial saw. Thanks!
I have a new battery powerdd pole saw and can't say enough good things about them. Mine is the Kobalt brand from Lowe's and batteries are fast charge lithium ion and can be used in the ither yard tools as well.
Plus for the 10 times a year I use it, can't beat the price and it's 1/4 the cost of the Stihl.
Something to think about.

Advice,,,,Don’t buy a reconditioned one. My first poulan with all the accessories has a shorted ign. It stalls when ever it wants too.

My second one is ok so far but I should of purchased a new husky.

The one difference between homeowner and commercial grade trimmer engines is having a catylitic converter...

The cat on my husky 128ld is incredibly restrictive, even after spending hours ripping out the metal strands and bending open the tabs for better flow, the throttle response on my trimmer is just horrendous... embarrassing really considering the price I have paid for it. I don’t know if Stihl does the same thing, but if it comes with a cat you know what to expect now

km 130 with extension has served well for me for more than a decade now it is not as long as the extendable version but the main thing i like about it is it starts every time i pull the rope and its got great power and cost for the chain pruner and extension for stihl km was a fraction of what the extendable dedicated pole saw costs. I have a shed full of pruners and trimmers from lowes and home depot that are all junk compared to the stihl. like my mechanic friend says you will be a pulling pro before you get that green thing started.

Back