Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on attending, ETA about 8am

I will bring a splitter

I built a new folding, compact, mini-splitter last spring. 3-1/2 seconds out, 2-1/2 seconds back.
Only have about 6 hours on it, so love to get more time on it. Should whistle through that 8-12 inch oak as fast as people can keep up.

Yes they are. Why do you ask?

We did a lot of charity cuts in MO for a 501c3 org. I could write off miles, meals, and hotels (on my taxes) for that reason. You can write off other stuff too. The organization gave me a letter at the end of the year with the dates I participated.

Great job today by all who helped today. Started at 0700 and shut it down at noon. 90 degree temps this afternoon-but it sounds like cooler weather is on it's way later this week. Looking to try and get together again a couple of times in October-Maybe do a Saturday workday for those who can't make it on a Sunday.

Planning on attending, ETA about 8am

I will bring a splitter

I built a new folding, compact, mini-splitter last spring. 3-1/2 seconds out, 2-1/2 seconds back.
Only have about 6 hours on it, so love to get more time on it. Should whistle through that 8-12 inch oak as fast as people can keep up.
That little splitter was AWESOME! The perfect machine for the job!!

We did a lot of charity cuts in MO for a 501c3 org. I could write off miles, meals, and hotels (on my taxes) for that reason. You can write off other stuff too. The organization gave me a letter at the end of the year with the dates I participated.
sweet! now all I need is some income to claim it against.

WOW! What a change in the weather! Plans are to head to Denny's the last 2 weekends in October. I need to line up another skidsteer to work with Roger and his mini excavator so we can put a crew together that will work on cleaning up the dead oak trees that are standing on Denny's property. Maybe do a Saturday? Oct 27th? For people that Sunday's do not fit their schedules.

Thanks to all who helped yesterday! It was by far our most productive day EVER! Weather was perfect, only minor glitches in equipment, and a crew that came to kick AZZ! Great to see many of the regular faces and great to meet some new volunteers too! We will be back at it this coming Sunday-another good day and we will have a good part of next seasons wood processed for this great charity!

Another great day yesterday "working the woodpile"! Not sure if Grizz has pictures to post-but it was a very productive day helping this great charity. Plans are to hit it again on Nov 11th. We will try to focus on cleaning up all the misc piles before winter and also cut on the pile of logs that are just too big for the cutting stand.

Back