Your Best Noodling Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
75cc Stumpbroke Husky 365xp :D Never ran another saw that noodled as well! But I sold it last summer because I just didn't need it.

The 562xp does a very fine job for me! I've also noodled a lot of shorter rounds with the old 346xp...

999 stock olympyk. 30 inch bar, full chisel carlton 404 .063...cuts right down thru oak,hackberry,and ash. and for some reason, it doesn't plug with noodles..

MS 460 with 24" bar. Mostly cut red oak around these parts....occasional white oak and ash mixed in.

051 or 084. I like the 051 better though. Not fast, but never any doubt that the job will get done. Great sound too.

Usually a ported 2171 with western clutch cover. 24" bar.

111s works awesome as well with a 8 pin .404 sprocket, 28" bar-rarely have big enough wood to justify running it so I noodle with it just to keep her in shape.

I really like using my Tree monkeyed 064 the best of all my saws. A very close second is my Tree monkeyed 056magnum, another close second is my 2101xp. And then there's the 372xpw that Mastermind done up for me, and the 075 of my dad's, and of course the Stumpbroke 385xp, and the.............

Usually a ported 2171 with western clutch cover. 24" bar.

111s works awesome as well with a 8 pin .404 sprocket, 28" bar-rarely have big enough wood to justify running it so I noodle with it just to keep her in shape.
Got a part number for that west coast cover?

I like noodling with ported 2186 and 28" with half skip. Its fun to watch the noodle stream come out of the bar cover!

Sorry Chief, can't help with a part number. I do know it took my dealer a couple months and a few phone calls with the distributer to get it. It did help a lot with clearing the chips though.

Yeah, if I remember right the midwest distributor didn't keep any in stock and had to get one from the west coast boys. Maybe the orange Husky covers are easier to find though.

I dont have a PN handy but I got mine from Spike60 on here. It really helped on my 372 clearing the noodles. I just put it on my new to me 390 last night though, hope to try it out (saw more than the clutch cover) today or tomorrow.

For who knows what reason the 28 and 32 inch bars on my 460 were plugging up badly. I put a 24 on with a skip tooth chain and have had no problems. The 24 is also a lot more convenient for noodling because it doesn't tend to get in the dirt on the other side of the log as badly, or knick neighboring pieces as badly. I Do have to be careful I don't cut the clearance teeth too far down when I sharpen the chain.

I'm thinking the 10-10S will make a good one, completely open around the clutch area. Will have to find me some candle pieces and try it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

OK, I'm bringing back a 4-year-old thread, but I figured that was better than starting another.

I recently bought the Echo 620. Wow, what a great saw. Absolutely perfect for noodling. Not only does it not jam up with noodles, when I get down to ground level and it gets clogged, I don't need to unclog it when I start a new round - it unclogs itself quite easily.

I gotta say, I've been very impressed with every Echo I've owned. It's about time for a new top-handle saw, and since Stihl no longer makes the 200T, I might try out the Echo.

Oh man, good old @CTYank ! I miss arguing about Fiskars with that guy!

I love my buddy's 50 CC muff modded/timing advanced Makita that he got from Carl. You can get into the dogs on that and it just spits those noodles out like crazy. Certainly not as fast as a 90 cc saw but it does not jam even in softwood.

Back