McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like either aluminum transfer or a chip in the chrome between the exhaust port and the transfer. You'd better have a close look there. If it is aluminum transfer you should be able to clean it up with some emery cloth on a mandrel and your cordless drill.

Mark

Yes, do not use acid. Good way to ruin a serviceable cylinder.

Ron

Looks like either aluminum transfer or a chip in the chrome between the exhaust port and the transfer. You'd better have a close look there. If it is aluminum transfer you should be able to clean it up with some emery cloth on a mandrel and your cordless drill.

Bob Johnson has 87791 piston kits which were were the forerunner of the 92581/519/520 "A"/"B"/"C" pistons. Marmax says 87791 = 92518 but Bob's documents say 87991 = 92519. I measured up a 92518 and an 87791 and could not say definitively they were different or the same but as accurate as my micrometer and I can be, they looked to be very close. The difference between the two according to the book is 0.0008".

Looking at the documents, 87791 is 2.0585/2.0580 at the top which actually falls between the "B" 2.581/2.574 and the "C" 2.590/2.582. I would use it for the "B" or "C" but I don't think I would use it in place of an "A" 2.0573/2.0566

Mark
Good I Mark it's not a chip it's just aluminum transfer I was going to ask you guys how to clean it up but you've already answered the question

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

My latest acquisition. Thanks @mogulmasher. Despite the exterior looks, it is a 1-52 under there and a good running one at that. Someone swapped a side cover and AF cover from a 1-40 and did a farmers repair for a broken handlebar mount. Parts I will need so far are the proper flywheel cover and sawdust screen (I have a proper recoil on hand) proper, long, AF cover. The rear half of the fuel tank where the handlebar mount is broken off, and the rubber grommet for the mixture screws. If anyone has any parts they would care to donate, I would appreciate it. It runs great and cuts as is, I would just like to get it looking a little more like it should.
a8df82b045c77ed49ffe316a96162c85.jpg
96e2787dd12d570b27cdd0f992efb112.jpg
1ddbeb280f7ac9110637709b71e230fd.jpg

Mark

How do I get in touch with Bob Johnson? I am finding lots of "c" pistins but no "b" piston.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Edit: I found a nos "b" piston with rings for $100. Is that a decent price?

My latest acquisition. Thanks @mogulmasher. Despite the exterior looks, it is a 1-52 under there and a good running one at that. Someone swapped a side cover and AF cover from a 1-40 and did a farmers repair for a broken handlebar mount. Parts I will need so far are the proper flywheel cover and sawdust screen (I have a proper recoil on hand) proper, long, AF cover. The rear half of the fuel tank where the handlebar mount is broken off, and the rubber grommet for the mixture screws. If anyone has any parts they would care to donate, I would appreciate it. It runs great and cuts as is, I would just like to get it looking a little more like it should.

No problem 2broke, I'm so glad your gonna bring it back to the way it should look! They are awesome saws.

Nobody has parts? I was checking here before I go the Ebay route. The prices are a bit steep there.
What models will the fuel tank swap from? Are all the front tank saws the same? I see some have an automatic oil pump. Will those swap to get me an auto oiler?

Nobody has parts? I was checking here before I go the Ebay route. The prices are a bit steep there.
What models will the fuel tank swap from? Are all the front tank saws the same? I see some have an automatic oil pump. Will those swap to get me an auto oiler?
I've got a front tank and the handle brace, but shipping would be very pricey from Canada I expect. If you PM me your zip code I can look into it.

Strange issue on the 8200. The barb on the module appears to be open so the coil can't be grounded by the on / off switch.

The switch is grounded in the off position against the cylinder which should mean my switch, wire and ground wire to overcome the AV are OK.

Any thoughts?

Had an awesome day! Started my firewood cutting. Used nothing but the mccullochs. First i used my sp81 with 20" bar. Fitted with a sdc44 carburetor. Man did that carb make it a different saw. Ran like a champ. No slowing it down it seemed. Next up i tried out my pm8200. First use since i got it and has a new piston kit. Ran great and got better as i used it. Had to adjust carb a bit after the 1st tank of fuel , guess the rings are wearing in. Very pleased with it. Itscwearing a 24" bar. Then, then i decided to try my cp125!!! First use also after i got it all cleaned up, oiler working, carb adjusted and clutch cover that is not broken (thanks again MH). All i can say is HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! That is an animal. Its fitted with a 25" bar and .404 chain. I am cutting red oak that is 20"to 22" diameter. Heavy hard wood. That 125 made it look like poplar. My goodness did it cut. Way beyond my expectations. No wonder everyone talks about that saw. I cannot express enough how scary powerful that engine is in my opinion. Be back at it tomorrow, maybe get a picture or 2 to post.

Then, then i decided to try my cp125!!! First use also after i got it all cleaned up, oiler working, carb adjusted and clutch cover that is not broken (thanks again MH). All i can say is HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! That is an animal. Its fitted with a 25" bar and .404 chain. I am cutting red oak that is 20"to 22" diameter. Heavy hard wood. That 125 made it look like poplar. My goodness did it cut. Way beyond my expectations. No wonder everyone talks about that saw. I cannot express enough how scary powerful that engine is in my opinion. Be back at it tomorrow, maybe get a picture or 2 to post.

They are animals. I only cut a few cookies in some very dry wood with mine and it tore through that like it was fresh pine.
Interesting that they are only within a pound or two of an MS 880 or a 3120 with an additional 5cc to boot.

Had an awesome day! Started my firewood cutting. Used nothing but the mccullochs. First i used my sp81 with 20" bar. Fitted with a sdc44 carburetor. Man did that carb make it a different saw. Ran like a champ. No slowing it down it seemed. Next up i tried out my pm8200. First use since i got it and has a new piston kit. Ran great and got better as i used it. Had to adjust carb a bit after the 1st tank of fuel , guess the rings are wearing in. Very pleased with it. Itscwearing a 24" bar. Then, then i decided to try my cp125!!! First use also after i got it all cleaned up, oiler working, carb adjusted and clutch cover that is not broken (thanks again MH). All i can say is HOLY CRAP BATMAN!! That is an animal. Its fitted with a 25" bar and .404 chain. I am cutting red oak that is 20"to 22" diameter. Heavy hard wood. That 125 made it look like poplar. My goodness did it cut. Way beyond my expectations. No wonder everyone talks about that saw. I cannot express enough how scary powerful that engine is in my opinion. Be back at it tomorrow, maybe get a picture or 2

Glad you had a good day Vinny. Nice to hear indeed. I bet a 125 is really something to run wish i could find one here. Nobody even herd of them I'd have to find the right circle of people

Glad you had a good day Vinny. Nice to hear indeed. I bet a 125 is really something to run wish i could find one here. Nobody even herd of them I'd have to find the right circle of people

I found a guy with about 5 of them in varying states of disrepair along with go kart parts that fit them. Textbook hoarder though, either won't sell anything from the piles of junk that cover his land or if he does try and sell it he puts such a high price no one is interested.

To give you an example of how bad he had it we squeezed my truck down his driveway between a mountain of fencing wire on one side and about 40 fridges on the other.

I found a guy with about 5 of them in varying states of disrepair along with go kart parts that fit them. Textbook hoarder though, either won't sell anything from the piles of junk that cover his land or if he does try and sell it he puts such a high price no one is interested.

To give you an example of how bad he had it we squeezed my truck down his driveway between a mountain of fencing wire on one side and about 40 fridges on the other.

What a shame eh thail never live again atleast they are in nz though. What end of the long white cloud are ya? And what macs are crowding your shed?

What a shame eh thail never live again atleast they are in nz though. What end of the long white cloud are ya? And what macs are crowding your shed?

They might live again, he's getting old and his area is getting gentrified so the neighbours might finally get the council to clean up his dump. I'm just north of Wellington in Porirua, yourself?

Hope the mrs doesn't see this, I have
2-10
2-10 super
10-10 early
10-10 later
7-10
pro mac 700
super pro 70
sp 81
double eagle 80
super 250
1-51

And a bunch of 10-10 parts.

What about you?

Haha well yea hopfully you get them before the dump does. Im imagining piles of fridges washing machines mowers all just in piles are there any vc160 victas around haha.

Yea good collection mate do ya run them all? Yea I've learnt to not put them all together and then she doesn't really know how many:). Ive only got a 10-10 in bits needs brake parts and a couple other we bits I flogged for my nice pm700 my mate rescued from the tip and a really nice running pm800 I scored off trade me somehow for cheap oh and a box or 3 full of 310s around at a mates.

Not finding to many down here in timaru the mower shops have thrown alot away before I got to them:(

Latest posts

Back