If you could choose ony 2 chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my ported 346xp with a 18" for the small stuff, and my ported 372xp with a 24" for the larger stuff. I have a 385xp that is rated to pull a 42" bar and the 372xp will run circles around it. I sometimes run a 36" on the 372xp. I'm sure it would handle the 42" if needed. The ported saws are my go to saws, seems like the other saws don't see much action anymore.

I left my ported saw out because if the p/c needed replace it wouldn't be the same saw. 7910 got the nod because it will pull a 36 if needed stock.

- Ported 241 cm / 14" bar
- 562xp / 20" bar, semi skip chain

Size matters - If I cant throw a cord's worth of wood easily into my truck, without beating up my back, I won't cut it.

:dancing:

- Ported 241 cm / 14" bar
- 562xp / 20" bar, semi skip chain

Size matters - If I cant throw a cord's worth of wood easily into my truck, without beating up my back, I won't cut it.

:dancing:

If it’s too big for me to get into the back of my truck I just split it right there. Take two minutes and split that big log in a couple big pieces..... that’s a ton of firewood.

Hard for me to pass up that huge log that when split will hit my house for 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s too big for me to get into the back of my truck I just split it right there. Take two minutes and split that big log in a couple big pieces..... that’s a ton of firewood.

Hard for me to pass up that huge log that when split will hit my house for 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I don't mind a little noodling along the way, to make lighter work of bigger rounds, but I'm less inclined to toss the big stuff around than I was 10 years ago.

Latest posts

Back