372xpt intake block off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
How many of you guys in the industry can use a 372xpt intake block off for pressure vac purposes. Beings husky doesn’t seem to care an has yet to produce one themselves. For those of you like myself working on these for a living dealing with the logging crowd there are a fair amount of these out there being put thru their paces. Some starting to have nagging air leaks poping up.I’m having one made for myself I will post pics when it’s finished just kinda wanted to get an idea if there was anyone else that would be interested in one as well

It’s a real pain, Saw King made one and shows it in his video, it mounts to the boot. I have placed a piece of rubber between the boot and carb, but you have to put holes in for the mounting screws otherwise the boot wraps around the rubber. I’ve also clamped rubber over the intake and held it with my thumb, then Pressurized through the spark plug hole with an adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you talking something like this?

Attachments

• 20181004_204610.jpg
    20181004_204610.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
What you have pictured is what you get when you order the block off for the 372xpt from husky it’s nothing more then the same exact block off for the old 372 how that’s to work with the strato divider is beyond me prob another engineers idea that sits down to pee. The blank I’m having made will have the exact slot that is milled on the same angle and to same depth as found in the Walbro rwj4 carb that accepts the strato divider found on the x torque intake boot so unlike the saw Kings method will not smash it causing possible sealing issues and potential air leaks when carb is re installed .

Get me a picture of it showing that it has the slot in it for the divider because I’m 75 percent sure unless they wised up and changed the part number in the 365/372xpt service manual what you get when you order that part number is the old style round block off for the 372xp.hence the reason I’m going to the trouble of having one made. Husqvarna is so flighty with their service tools some fit and work flawless the next you sit and think who in the $&@$ designed this! Order the 390xp clutch tool for example .... when you get Ported 390s back in for clutch work after they slipped the clutch to insanity and you can’t spin them loose with the hammer and punch using the notches. The clutch tool is a joke it does not even fit! You can believe it got almost thrown thru the reps windshield when he decided to show up that month. That’s what I’m getting at these saw manufactures care about nothing more then thier sales numbers from month to month there is no regard given to the factory trained techs that have to keep their product running. Stihl treats its dealers way better as far as warranty goes ,

Can't wait to see what you're having made up. The block off plate I have is the oe husky one. It's has the spacer on it so the divided intake doesn't get crushed. Works great.

This is number from the XT workshop, I do not own one. I do have one for the XP. Part numbers are different though. In a pinch, I use a piece of rubber between the carb and intake to seal off for saws I don't have the plates for.

Latest posts

Back