McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run some of them, most of them need work. The sp81 and 10-10 get the most work. I got 3 of them from a guy that just bought a mower shop and cleaned the place up, they came with 7 eager beavers which I immediately sold.
They show up on trademe from time to time, a lot of people think they are too old to still use and sell them cheap. The only one I've paid more than $100 for is the double eagle 80.

They are animals. I only cut a few cookies in some very dry wood with mine and it tore through that like it was fresh pine.
Interesting that they are only within a pound or two of an MS 880 or a 3120 with an additional 5cc to boot.
A 125 is a better saw than an 088/880 in the sense that it is better balanced and is less tiring on the operator. It is certainly much, much better than a stock 088 with 50 & 60 inch bars. lower RPM's make for a different frequency in sound and vibration that I find less tiring.

hey guys i am rebuilding my grandpas old 1-70. i have it apart and going to mic the cylinder to see if i need to get an oversized piston or just a hone. so far i plan on new piston, rings, crank seals, deck the head if needed, and replace the 7/16-7T sprocket with a 3/8 or 404 to run a 28-32 bar. while im at it i may just sandblast the whole thing and repaint it. my question is first where can i find torque specs for when i put it back together?

Looks like member @ML12 has me.covered on most of the parts I need, thanks again. Got the air filter cover on the way from Ebay. No decal and it needs paint but that's ok. Just need the grommet that seals the mixture screws to the carb box. Anyone have one floating around? The last time I needed one I found it on the bay. No such luck this time.

After much polishing this is what im left with. I havent scotchbrited it yet. What you see are gouged in the cylinder surface. How bad are they? Think it will run or am I looking at a replate?
41ef72e1d764a45e7082a5c423e75d32.jpg
df1e0c8e98efabe3f851773f4d6ee343.jpg

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I have only been to two. I assume that they are put together by a number of interested folks centered around someone who heads it up to provide the space, logs and other logistics.

Ron

picked up this one over the weekend. Fairly confident that its a 35A, but I can't find a model plate on it. Luckily it ran without having to be messed with. P/C look good through the exhaust and the primer works. Starts 1 pull cold once the primer is pumped.

20181006_172002.jpg

20181006_172032.jpg

Does it share the gear case oil and bar oil, I filled up the gear case through the plug in the front and then when I pumped the oiler it came out of the bar pad.
Also does someone have a good thread with photos for the carburetor? What does the lever that comes through the top of the saw do? is it a hi jet adjustment?

I happened to have a brand new loop of Oregon 10, 1/2", chipper chain that I got a long while ago that fit the 18" bar perfectly.

Back