Broken oil pump screw ms660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quads

Reaction score
took apart the oil pump to clean everything. Once i screwed it back together a screw broke. i drilled into it and tried with an extractor but it didnt work.

Im now wondering if my saw is junk or if any other options exist.

took apart the oil pump to clean everything. Once i screwed it back together a screw broke. i drilled into it and tried with an extractor but it didnt work.

You are talking about the screws that hold the pump to the case, correct?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Those ez-outs are hit and miss. Take it to a metal shop that does custom auto work, and they can get it out. I had a muffler stud break off in the head of a motorcycle, and with an ez-out broke inside it. They got it out using magic and a miracle :) and some fancy equipement, and this was over 30 years ago.

Try an Alden Grabit extractor if there is enough left. They only need a shallow depression to grab. I have pulled out badly rusted screws that I never thought would move. I think Lowes has them. They are double ended. There is a stubby left hand drill bit on one end to drill a very shallow hole and the extractor is a fine thread on the other end that really grabs. I have had trouble getting the broken screw off the extractor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back