5ft DBH cottonwood removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brock1994

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Took out this monster cottonwood today for a friend of mine. The wind picked up as I was making my back cut. Kind of made me pucker up a little bit. No room for error on this job. Everything turned out as planned thanks to God's grace. I picked up this 3 foot bar and chain off of unclemoustache and it was exactly what I needed. Brought a little fleet with me. Biggest tree i have ever tackled so far. Thanks for looking. Hope everyone was having as much fun as me today.

Brock
02ae37a1424bffe58c5cab8b342aedfe.jpg
2ea4d9d09655c0bc2b1cded2fcf0b7eb.jpg

I am so steeling your 2x idea to hold saws in place in the bed of the truck! Have anymore pics of it :)

Nice job!
Thanks! And yeah it works pretty good. Keeps them from sliding around and hitting each other. It's a 4x4 I had laying around, I'm sure a regular 2x4 would work but might just be a harder to get them into it.
8257b60224e7920e6b982be1eabdf94b.jpg

What's up my friend.

Not too much. Just enjoying the 55deg outside temp!!

Makes packing the camper so much more enjoyable! Blowing this Popsicle stand for 11days of sitting on the beach in Florida with a nice cold drink in my hand!!

Hope you are taking advantage of this beautiful weather we have!!

Not too much. Just enjoying the 55deg outside temp!!

Makes packing the camper so much more enjoyable! Blowing this Popsicle stand for 11days of sitting on the beach in Florida with a nice cold drink in my hand!!

Hope you are taking advantage of this beautiful weather we have!!
I've been enjoying the sunshine no matter the temp, it's a lot cloudier over here compared to there.
Have a great time down there :havingarest:.

Thanks! And yeah it works pretty good. Keeps them from sliding around and hitting each other. It's a 4x4 I had laying around, I'm sure a regular 2x4 would work but might just be a harder to get them into it.

4X4, good call. Do you have you 4x bolted down to just sitting in there?

I have 5th wheel rails in the bed and have more than once had a saw slide forward and nick a tooth or two!

Bet that wouldn’t happen if I just would remember to throw the scabbard on the bar:innocent:

I have 5th wheel rails in the bed and have more than once had a saw slide forward and nick a tooth or two!

Bet that wouldn’t happen if I just would remember to throw the scabbard on the bar:innocent:
Yeah I've had my chains sharp when I loaded them and get to the job to find a dull chain. I don't have it bolted but that would help a lot. Whenever they are loaded like the 1st picture the weight evens it out and they pretty much stay put. I hear you about the bar covers. I only own 20" ones and they're pretty beat up. I think the 4x4 would still fit just depends how long of a bar you have. Hope all works out!

Cheers
Brock

Took out this monster cottonwood today for a friend of mine. The wind picked up as I was making my back cut. Kind of made me pucker up a little bit. No room for error on this job. Everything turned out as planned thanks to God's grace. I picked up this 3 foot bar and chain off of unclemoustache and it was exactly what I needed. Brought a little fleet with me. Biggest tree i have ever tackled so far. Thanks for looking. Hope everyone was having as much fun as me today.

Brock
02ae37a1424bffe58c5cab8b342aedfe.jpg
2ea4d9d09655c0bc2b1cded2fcf0b7eb.jpg
aaa

Miter off a section on each end leaving a 2x4 stub and it should slide into the slots on inside of fender wall

Erik

Back