Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Steve, the brown + black ones are more common.

Up at my property this summer it was almost over run with Red Effs, in both land and aquatic stages. They provided a lot of entertainment for the Grand Kids.

There is a large puddle on a logging trail up on my property, and if you step in the water, it practically boils with them.

Bought a set of tires for my logging wagon yesterday at the sale. I couldn't remember the size so I bought a few. Also got 3 SS blades, a tire changer and a chicken plucker. My wife says I'm crazy. Sold and delivered 2 of the blades on the way home and then sold 2 sets of tires when I got home. 18 sets to go, only need 1 set for the wagon.

View attachment 679656 View attachment 679657 View attachment 679658
Nice score buddy.
Hopefully when you get it all sold the 2 tires will be free :laugh:.

View attachment 679754 Cleaned the chimney today.View attachment 679755 got the 6 year old to stuff herself behind the stove and pull the catch pan and put it back up. Most likely first fire tomorrow morning. Been in the low 40s past couple morning.

Small children do have their uses sometimes. Dave had his 4 year old chucking bits of wood out the back of his ute yesterday, much easier than him trying to ferret around under the canopy.

Well since we just had hurricane Michael come through NC I've been out of power since Thursday afternoon wife asked if I could warm the house up a bit.

Also should be scrounging some wood here soon once people get power back up to be able to post free wood ads.
356d73f07e1ed57e75bb1fc69bddd334.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Not sure what exactly it is yet as my wife sent me the pics at her parents house. But I will go tomorrow after work & cut it up & bring it home. It all burns. Maybe more maple now that I look at it

35abe57f97119ddd8e87a167b2124eb5.jpg
68bbfd1000ed76ef7bd7ca5434be6e0c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back