Stihl TS700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello. I know this is not a chainsaw but I really didn't know where to put this. So I put it in here because I knew it get the most views. I have a Stihl TS700 concrete saw that is giving me some fits. Starts and idles fine but when you rev It Up after a few seconds you lose all Throttle and it goes back to idle. If you let go of the throttle while it's doing this and try to reengage it, it does nothing. I figured there was some Gunk inside of the carburetor blocking the screen. When I disassemble the carburetor I did find small settlement on the screen. I cleaned the carburetor and reassembled it. I also found a large hole in the fuel line so I replaced that. I started the saw back up and it continues to do the same thing. Any thoughts? I did not change the fuel filter out as it looked fairly clean with that maybe my next course. The vents and all other hoses look good and I replaced multiple hoses if they were hard and or cracked.

Could it possibly be and ignition problem?

Check muffler and spark arrestor screen and clean out the fuel tank vent. Two other possible causes.

Another possible cause is the carb diaphragm. Need to get a carb kit to replace that. Maybe if there was grit inside the carb it was not quite cleaned out. Did you clean the nozzle and pull the mixture screws when you cleaned it? (Note: I do not know if the TS700 has proper mixture screws or not)

I did blow air through the tank vent with no issues. Seems to be flowing air fine. I will check the spark arrestor

Check that your pickup hose isn't too soft, and sucking shut.
The debris screen inside the carb needs replaced? Sometimes they get a film of corrosion that block the flow.
Check that the impulse hose and it's barb aren't misaligned, and that the impulse hose is hooked up to the barb on the crankcase. ......

Check that your pickup hose isn't too soft, and sucking shut.
The debris screen inside the carb needs replaced? Sometimes they get a film of corrosion that block the flow.
Check that the impulse hose and it's barb aren't misaligned, and that the impulse hose is hooked up to the barb on the crankcase. ......

Fuel line is new so its not soft. Carb was cleaned with carb cleaner and flowed fuel and cleaner through it with no issues. I don't see an impulse line on the cylinder anywhere but it may be hidden due to all of the plastic. I didn't see one in the parts breakdown.

Back